Sesame is the home for Americans that have been priced out of the traditional health care system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the health care they need at a fraction of the typical price. Thinking Expedia meets Healthcare. We recently raised $27 million in Series B financing to expand our national marketplace. This brings our total raised to $75 million since we launched in 2019.
We are looking for a Head of UIX Design to continue to make our products as straightforward and intuitive for our customers as possible.
About the Role: As Head of Design, you will design innovative and elegant products. You will actively generate and leverage user insights using your interaction, visual, and product design skills to build end-to-end experiences for both sides of our two-sided marketplace (patients and providers). You will collaborate extensively with teammates across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Data to drive outcomes based on the company OKRs. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be a strong individual contributor and lead a small team of designers, helping to develop their career and craft. You will be an integral part of the success of the Sesame.
- Drive the user experience of products from conception to launch as part of the product development team
- Own our design system
- Design innovative end-to-end flows and experiences with high quality and craftsmanship
- Communicate and present designs and design rationale to leadership and cross-functional teams and gain alignment
- Drive user research insights using best practices and tools.
- Manage 2-3 Senior Designers.
- Lead hiring of new designers as team expands.
What We're Looking For:
- Extensive experience in end-to-end product, interaction, and visual design
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- You love partnering with other designers as well as different people across functions
- A user-centric problem solver
- You care deeply about people’s motivations and behaviors and can leverage insights to create high quality experiences that solve true user needs
- A lover of great visual design
- You think beyond the pixels to create high quality experiences for users
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate loosely defined problems and complexity into a cohesive vision and strategy
- High proficiency in Figma Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and passionate about our vision to change the face of leadership
- Experience managing and hiring product designers
What We Offer:
- Competitive total compensation package with equity in the business
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with teams in US and Europe
- The opportunity to join and own a piece of a business growing exponentially month over month
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company - we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.