Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Who you are:
We are looking for an exceptional designer to join our growing Brand Expression NYC team. The Brand Expression NYC team at Klarna is responsible for defining and executing Klarna’s creative vision. We work closely with leadership, global design teams, marketing teams, social teams, and external creative agencies to create compelling work that maintains our brand consistency across our many channels. The person who will be successful in this role is a multidisciplinary designer with experience creating identity systems, art direction, campaigns, digital advertisements, and social content. You bring exceptional design thinking, well-crafted execution, and creative energy to the team and your projects.
What you will do:
You will work closely with the Brand Expression NYC lead and our small team of designers and copywriters. Working with our US marketing teams, global creative teams, and external creative partners you will help lead and develop the creative assets. You will work on a wide range of projects from concepting ideas to final execution of deliverables. Must be able to balance multiple projects at a time and be comfortable with providing direction, collaborating with other teams, and reacting to team feedback with thoughtful creative solutions. You will be responsible for creating work that delivers on the strategic initiative of the brief and further supports the quality and standards of our brand.
- Implement and develop Klarna’s visual identity across the US and Global markets.
- Concept and create visual assets for various brand campaigns.
- Design for digital, social, OOH, and our own brand channels.
- Collaborate closely with our internal content and marketing teams to drive the creative concept and execution of our brand initiatives.
- Provide art direction and oversee the production of visual assets, set design, video treatments, and print.
- Present your work articulately to a small team, with a clear rationale for visual expression.
- Support the entire Klarna design team and help elevate our brand with creative solutions that build long-term brand success in a rapidly growing US market.
- 5+ years of experience working in an agency or in-house.
- Ability to present your design thinking and rationale.
- Portfolio showcasing excellent design systems, typography, and layout.
- Ability to drive creative ideation and execution based on business objectives.
- Self-motivated, problem solver who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, take responsibility, and complete multiple projects within time constraints.
- Ability to take initiative to understand briefs and business objectives.
- Passion for design, culture, trends, and products.
- Holds a high standard of creative execution and attention to detail.
- Enjoys working in a small team, engages, inspires, listens, and collaborates with others.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch.
- Motion design is a plus, but not required.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.