Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we can recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Your future team
We're looking for a Design Manager to join the Product Growth team. You will be our team's founding design leadership in India. You will report directly to the Head of Design for Product Growth and PI, who is based in our Sydney office.
In Product Integrations (PI), we understand that collaboration is a journey that spans workflows inside and outside of our Ecosystem. We have teams structured around that journey. Off-Atlassian, we are looking to understand how our products help to empower teams in the tools they spend the majority of their time.
What you'll do
- Help setup a team. You will be a beacon for talent. Help to hire, and onboard new team members, using your network and credibility to inspire others to join the team.
- Be a true champion for our users. You will shape design intent by leaning on data and whats best for our customers. You will help our teams ship experiences that are valued by our customers.
- Nurture our design team. You will manage a team of product and content designers, helping them to do the best work of their lives. You will help our designers grow in their craft and their careers.
- Collaborate with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. You'll need facilitation and collaboration abilities, are flexible working with teams, and the attitude to always work toward the best outcomes.
- Bring previous experience having managed a design team (2 years experience in a management role preferred).
- Have at least 5 years experience delivering outcomes as a hands-on Product designer. Examples of planning, and then driving product direction autonomously are important.
- Have proven experience making people better. You'll support and guide your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work.
- Competent in all aspects of design, product and leadership.
- Provide teams with mentorship, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
- Lead & inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you inspired others to make an impact.
- High degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership.
- Collaborate with other departments, including engineering and product.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.