We’re looking for a talented, creative, and energetic Director of Product Marketing who can help us reshape fleet management. You will lead our PMM direction and playbook, guiding our small and mighty team of product marketers. You’ll focus on deeply understanding the needs of our customers and the broader fleet management market – and ensure their voices are reflected in our product strategies, value props, and marketing activities.
You will report to the VP of Product, and collaborate closely with Product Management, Marketing, Enablement, and other leaders across Fleetio on strategy, planning, and execution.
Fleetio (pronounced "flee-tee-oh”) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have won Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work four years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and have over 4,700+ paying customers in 70 countries. We’re on an exciting trajectory as a company and we’re ready for you to join us.
More about our product and company:
This is a full-time role that can be held at our HQ in Birmingham, Alabama or remotely anywhere in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing
- Lead go-to-market strategies and plans for new product and feature launches to create demand, and drive product adoption and business growth.
- Craft differentiated messaging and positioning that continuously resonate with our customers and target market.
- Uncover insights and drive programs for Voice of Customer, Voice of Prospect, and Competitive Intel to sharpen our product roadmaps and up-level our customer-facing strategies.
- Lead market research and analysis to identify market trends, understand unmet needs, pursue zero-to-one opportunities, and protect and differentiate our brand.
- Serve as a public-facing subject matter expert, including delivering public presentations at live and virtual events, conducting interviews with the media, and being quoted in publications and press releases.
- Oversee communication of new features and other important information to the customer base, from our website to our tweets – and everything in between.
- Drive and collaborate cross-functionally on pricing, packaging, and monetization strategies.
- Partner with Product Management to continuously gather customer insight, create effective feature/product launch and expansion plans, achieve successful product adoption, establish success metrics, facilitate commercialization, optimize onboarding, and communicate product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Marketing on ICP and persona development, segmentation, demand generation, creative, naming, PQLs/PQAs, content generation — and campaigns that drive new signups, expansion, and/or product adoption.
- Collaborate with Enablement and customer-facing teams to support lead generation, sales efficiency, ensure customer satisfaction, user education, simplify support, and drive revenue growth.
- Collaborate with Sales to transform competitive intel into battle cards that improve objective handling and zero in on Fleetio’s winning value proposition.
- Ensure we are finding and reaching users and customers in their journey with the right message at the right time — defining what to promote, who to target, why anyone should care, and on which channels.
- Work closely with data analysts to analyze customer data and trends, test messaging strategies, drive conversion, improve the customer journey, and derive insights for decision-making.
- Roll up your sleeves and help lead product launches and campaigns when needed.
- Elevate our team’s writing skills.
- Execute with operational rigor, efficiency, and a can-do attitude.
- Coach, mentor, support, and challenge a team of product marketers to maximize their effectiveness and up-level their career growth.
- Help us build a remarkable PMM team culture and scalable processes.
Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing, with a proven track record of developing and executing successful GTM strategies.
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading a high-performing team in B2B SaaS.
- Passion for learning, teaching, collaborating cross-functionally with teams across Product/Marketing/Design/Engineering/CX/Data/Support/etc, and building an egoless environment where PMMs can do their best work.
- Success in launching and scaling SaaS products that both drive the business and strengthen the brand.
- Experience applying market/customer/user insights, competitive intelligence, pricing and packaging, and quantitative analysis to improve the product and marketing experience.
- A gifted storyteller with a unique ability to craft clear messages, avoid unnecessary jargon, and write with the customer in mind.
- Excitement to dive deep into the details of fleet management software, and support hybrid PLG + SLG motions.
- Strategic, data-informed, and evidence-based in how you approach and measure work.
- Self-starter with a good product sense, an appreciation for great marketing, and innate attention to detail.
- Embody our core values of intelligence, intensity, integrity, and ownership.
- Champion a commitment to high quality, analysis, creativity, velocity, customer-centricity, and impact.
- You demystify the art and science of PMM, and you have a POV on the latest best practices, trends, tools, and technologies relevant to B2B product marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications, Computer Science, or a similar field.
Considered a plus
- Understanding of the Fleet management industry.
- Experience with consumer and/or B2B marketplaces.
- Experience in other areas of Product and/or Marketing.
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].