Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We're building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we're building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Director, Product Marketing role?
The Director, Product Marketing will be the first dedicated marketing hire to the Growth team, which includes BD, Payer Relations, and Member Operations. This is a critical role that will own and shape Mindstrong product marketing and how/where we connect with potential members. As we continue our significant member and revenue growth, D2C and B2B marketing initiatives will be a critical driver of member acquisition. We’re looking for a Product Marketer that can think big picture about where Mindstrong is headed and is excited to be hands on with all of our marketing efforts. The Director, Product Marketing will lead product marketing strategy, creative development, media buys, and overall member acquisition efforts. If you’re a hands on, get in the weeds and get stuff done, leader - this is the role for you. The team will grow over time under your leadership.
What you'll be doing:
- Own holistic product marketing strategy to grow membership base and drive user adoption of product offerings.
- Product Marketing Strategy: Translate brand strategy into product marketing strategy, including target member base, key product offerings and go-to-market channels. (required)
- Member Acquisition & Conversion: Marketing campaign strategy, including design, creative, management, and measurement across multiple channels including social and email. (required)
- Contractor/Agency Management: manage marketing contractors who create content to support your product marketing efforts (required).
- Marketing Analytics & Experimentation – Track performance of the product marketing programs by identifying key metrics and continually suggesting campaign and content improvements. (required)
- Budgets: Develop and manage marketing program budgets, measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver a high return on investment.
- Differentiation and Competitive Landscape – Be the expert voice to the company on our members. Bring primary and secondary research back to the company. Be the expert at our competition and clearly and and artfully define our differentiators and our market opportunities.
- Member Journey Analytics – Monitor product adoption and conversion rates across Mindstrong experiences and services. Deeply understand our win/loss and drive product and GTM enhancements to improve it. Provide regular updates and trend analysis.
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in product marketing working in tech settings, bringing new products to market (or existing product to new markets) and/or working on user engagement (required)
- BS/BA degree OR equivalent experience
- Healthcare and/or healthtech experience (required)
- tartup experience
- Experience evolving overall brand strategy, including differentiation, tone to branding to value proposition
- Comfort in both the big picture and hands on execution, with a bias for experimentation and action
- History of scaling a business rapidly, with an eye towards full acquisition funnel including awareness, consideration, conversion, and ongoing engagement
- Strong numbers orientation and data-driven decision making
- Experience working with agencies and marketing contractors
- Experience managing a budget and deploying resources effectively
- Deep intuition and understanding of our customer journey + experience
- Values-Driven Culture. Our values are the fabric of how we operate day to day, guide us together, and keep us aimed at our mission.
- Remote work. We have an office in Mountain View – and if you live in the Bay Area we’d love to see you – but we are a remote first company! Our goal is to create a seamless remote work experience so you can work where you do your best work.
- Growth. We invest in both personal and professional growth of our employees because we feel that growth has a positive impact on both member outcomes and personal fulfillment.
- Healthcare Benefits. A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, and more!
- Wellness. Programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Self-Care. We take self-care seriously, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play.
- Flexible schedules. We're all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that. We work with our employees to make sure that they can work and take care of their lives.
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know.