As Director of Product Marketing for Boost, you will lead a team of product marketers to drive subscriber growth through game-changing strategies across audience segmentation, messaging and positioning, monetization, and go-to-market planning. You will partner with cross-functional teams to drive coordinated successful product launches by articulating market requirements, defining and measuring success, executing go-to-market plans, and helping craft messaging that clearly communicates the value of Eventbrite Boost. In partnership with research, analytics, and customer-facing teams, you will develop a deep understanding of our customer needs, market landscape, and product features and champion the customer throughout the organization.
This role will require you to bring a combination of strategic thinking, analytical rigor, strong communications, and operational excellence. The right candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be motivated to hit and exceed our business targets. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: bringing the world together through live experiences.
Eventbrite has built a world-class events marketplace, enabling entrepreneurs around the world to build and grow their businesses with live events while helping event-goers discover unique, local things to do. We are looking for an experienced and highly strategic Director of Product Marketing for Eventbrite Boost, our integrated suite of marketing tools. This leader will own the strategy for driving demand and retention for Boost subscriptions by uncovering data-driven insights to improve product positioning, influence product roadmaps, enhance customer journeys, and oversee go-to-market campaigns.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission at Eventbrite is to champion the needs of event creators and consumers to bring irresistible product experiences to market, ensuring customers understand how Eventbrite’s products and features can enable their success. We work cross-functionally to action customer and market insights by influencing product and monetization strategy and developing positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plans for Eventbrite’s suite of products and services.
- Craft a robust learning agenda for Boost in partnership with research and analytics teams to stay on top of emerging trends
- Work closely with product management and UX to establish market requirements based on customer and competitive insights ensuring compelling, personalized, and cohesive customer positioning
- Translate customer needs into clear value props, messaging, and marketing claims that communicates our value
- Develop full-funnel go-to-market strategies - including content, product experience, PR, paid media, brand, and customer marketing - to meet subscription KPIs
- Partner with Finance, Analytics, and Data Science to define and measure success, forecast business impact, and drive continuous improvement
- Gather qualitative and quantitative insights by talking regularly to customers and working with our research and customer-facing teams
- Develop a perspective on the market and present compelling business cases to drive prioritization of key investments to support Boost business and customer goals
- 10+ years experience, including a background in new product development, product marketing, product management, or business strategy, especially driving new product launches
- Demonstrated success with driving product-led growth, especially infusing messaging into product surfaces and user journeys
- Thought leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change and seamless execution through cross-functional teams
- Highly data-driven with strength in deriving actionable insights from data and research
- Biased towards action with ability to flex between big strategic decisions and building tactical workplans
- Energized by collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego.
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills with the ability to confidently present to executives/senior management and peers
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritizing and organizing effectively
- Experience managing direct reports
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.