Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $500BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a seasoned Product Design leader who will be responsible for evaluating the craft of design at Wonolo. You’ll get to build out the design team while educating, and mentoring team members across the entire company on your design philosophy. You will also get to work on a complete refresh of the Wonolo brand and website, so any feedback is welcomed. At the end of the day, our goal is to deliver simple solutions, that solve complex problems, that our end-users will love. When we speak of end users, that encompasses both our Wonoloers (worker community) and our Requestors (customers). Are you excited by the challenges of building and designing products for both B2B and B2C users? Having experience in both domains is certainly a bonus!
Design at Wonolo is a collaborative team of Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Analysts, and Product Researchers with a customer-first and data-driven approach to building simple and intuitive user experiences. We fret over the details and have empathy for our end users. Our mission is to empower the in-demand workforce by providing flexible and fulfilling job opportunities for everyone. If you are someone who has a "get things done” mentality and is looking for impact at scale, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of product designers and product researchers
- Guide ongoing design work and ensure we deliver an excellent user experience
- Set the vision, strategy and goals of the design organization at Wonolo
- You will hire, develop and coach your team, bringing your skills as a leader to give your direct results purpose
- Work cross-functionally to refresh the Wonolo brand and website
- Make design at Wonolo elite
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience as part of a product design team; 3+ years of experience managing product designers
- You have demonstrated mastery in the craft of design and are considered a leader by your peers
- You play an active role in defining and enforcing design standards
- You have high empathy for your end-user, regardless of whether it is a customer or your direct report
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable rolling up sleeves and working without formal requirement documents or top-down direction
- You are excited to establish a deep understanding of how things work at Wonolo and use that to improve workflows and product launches
- You’re a master at running design crits, design thinking workshops, and other meetings with important stakeholders
- You’re actively involved in building the team by leading recruiting, interviewing, and mentoring junior designers
- You are seen as a culture carrier
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Two-sided marketplace experience
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 180+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc.Magazine's Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado or New York City. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado or New York City.