We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a seasoned Design leader to oversee our NFT Design team at Coinbase. We have a team of talented, insights-driven Designers, and a set of cross functional partners with whom we tightly collaborate. Together, we support our vision to bring economic freedom to the world by optimizing crypto native experiences while balancing the need to scale our products to a fast-growing user base. You’ll be growing and shaping the Ecosystem Design team and driving the results for our end-to-end product experiences to attract and engage users and sustainably grow our lines of business.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage, coach, develop, and inspire a team of product designers to collaborate towards common goals.
- Set vision and strategy for our growth design team while guiding the team to navigate complex product problems and deliver simple product solutions.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product and Research to drive cross-functional alignment, define strategy and develop team roadmap and priorities.
- Develop design talent to help your team advance their skills, grow in their careers, and feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Advocate for our users by communicating strategy, plans and updates across the organization.
- Manage day-to-day team operations, drive project timelines, and hold the team accountable to our high bar for quality.
- Attract top talent and help build a world class, diverse, and inclusive team of product designers.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience leading a team of product designers, with at least 10+ years of people management experience.
- Experience successfully managing teams to design products at scale within a large product company.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner with cross-functional partners, to drive towards successful outcomes.
- Excellent understanding of best practices and processes around governance and maintenance of large scale design teams.
- Proven technical understanding of how to inspire teams to design high-craft products within a product-driven company.
- A data-focused design philosophy and the ability to inspire change through user feedback and data insights.
- Sound attention to detail and craft.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading and designing in a growth environment.
- An affinity for crypto.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $275,825 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.