Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna is the place where change is happening. Fast.
We are in a scaleup phase with a foundation in place while still being formable. Our focus is moving from payments to shopping. From invoices to inspiration. Having 100 million shoppers and 250K+ retailers is great, but we are nowhere near done. The challenge ahead is to lift the product and all aspects of design, including UX writing, to even higher levels. We’re not just trying to raise the bar. We want to be the bar. For that, we need a leader for leaders who knows what it takes to work as a UX writer. Someone to drive excellence and to challenge the status quo.
Design Competence - we make Klarna stand out
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, Brand Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Front-end Designers and Design Operations. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion and drive for great customer experience that goes above and beyond.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced UX Writing leader to represent and develop the UX Writing discipline across our organization. You will manage a team of UX Writing leads and work closely with other design leaders to establish the standards and processes to elevate design maturity at Klarna.
What you will do
- Define the vision, goals and success metrics of the UX Writing at Klarna by closely working with senior design leaders and stakeholders of Klarna
- Strengthen the impact of design by partnering with senior leaders of Design (Product Design, UX Research, Front-end Design and Design Operations) and leaders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service and Organizational Development
- Lead a growing team of 10 UX Writers and UX Writing leads across the organization
- Scale the UX Writing function globally across different business
- Drive design initiatives and programs in order to help design organization to continuously grow and develop
You should have
- 10+ years experience working in UX Writing for global products and services across different markets
- 5+ years of experience as Head of UX Writing, Head of Experience or similar role
- Experience in leading and growing a team of UX Writers and UX Writing leaders
- Experience working directly with senior stakeholders and senior design leaders to shape the design organization at scale
- Proven track record in growing UX best practices and maturity in large global tech organizations
- Excellent communication skills that inspire and engage senior executives, stakeholders and design community
- Strong project management and organizational skills to be able to effectively oversee a multitude of projects in a large organization
How to apply
Please send over a CV in English. A portfolio is required to be considered.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.