Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to be better at cybersecurity. The world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes. UpGuard has a unique voice in cybersecurity, with our research prominently featured in publications such as The New York Times, Wired, and Techcrunch. The Marketing team drives UpGuard’s growth, positioning us as a category-leading security solution.
Why are we hiring for this role?
As our Director of Product Marketing, you will be pivotal in driving the launch and adoption of UpGuard’s products. You’ll fight for the features that delight our users and drive our growth, creating messaging and campaigns to launch them. You will oversee the creation and execution of product launches and strong competitive positioning, keeping UpGuard front and center in the minds of industry analysts and the market.
What will you accomplish?
- Plan and execute creative launch campaigns for new products and features, working closely with cross-functional teams such as product, sales, and customer success
- Be the expert on UpGuard’s products and know why customers love them, turning that insight into concise user and buyer personas
- Produce compelling value propositions and messaging that differentiate UpGuard’s products in the market and resonate with our target audience
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify market trends, competitive positioning, and opportunities for growth
- Position UpGuard as a market-leading solution with industry analysts such as Gartner and Forrester
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of product marketers and technical content specialists
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- A passion for tech products and understanding customer pain points
- You love getting your hands dirty - to get a campaign moving, you’re happy to mock up a landing page for a designer to polish, create screen recordings, and write your own copy
- You're comfortable presenting UpGuard’s products to C-level execs and industry analysts
- You're data-driven and can make relevant inferences from tools such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, Intercom, and Mixpanel to drive decision making
What would give you an edge?
- A strong grasp of cybersecurity
- Experience with product-led growth
- You're comfortable in Excel/SQL
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $170,000 and $200,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
- Great perks: Grocery and gym reimbursements, flexible work arrangements, learning and development stipend, and generous PTO package
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, OR, WA, and NV