Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About the role
Design Operations at Klarna are great connectors and passionate problem solvers to achieve operational success. As Design Program Manager, you will design and implement systems that enable great design at scale. You will partner closely with the design leadership team and our cross-functional partners to deeply understand the requirements of designers to work efficiently and deliver high-quality outcomes. You will take a strategic and iterative approach to operations so our systems and protocols continuously improve and respond to evolving business needs and product priorities.
What you'll do
- Design and implement processes that enable design work across Klarna, including end to end ownership of design tools and productivity initiatives
- Play a vital role in shaping the design program management practices by utilizing your deep understanding of the UX craft and methodologies
- Work closely with design leaders and cross-functional partners to distribute policies, guidelines and trainings on key processes and tools
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partner with Legal, Procurement, and Privacy teams to ensure efficient and compliant business practices
- Coordinate and standardize approaches to explore, procure and maintain design tools and systems
- Anticipate productivity challenges in teams and units and provide solutions to increase efficiency and velocity
- Ensure operational excellence of the design team at scale, continue to develop and iterate as the company grows
- 5+ years of experience in design operations or program management role
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and UX writers, as well as with product teams or programs from conceptualization to implementation
- Proven track record in achieving operational excellence in design teams in large global tech companies
- Knowledge of data privacy policies (e.g., GDPR) and experience in vendor management, tools procurement and budget management
- Passionate problem solver focused on the operational success of product teams and programs
- Excellent communication skills that inspire and engage senior leaders, cross-functional stakeholders and the design community
- Strong project management and organizational skills to be able to effectively oversee the operational challenges for design in a large organization
About Klarna Design
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, Brand Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Front-end Designers and Design Operations. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion and drive for great customer experience that goes above and beyond.
Required when applying for this role
Your resume in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.