Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About the role
Design Operations at Klarna are great connectors and passionate problem solvers that work to achieve operational success. As a Design Program Manager, you will drive and support internal projects and programs to help find and foster great talent, develop highly engaged teams and build an environment that enables great design at scale. You will work closely with the design leadership team to make sure constant progress is achieved and established in all areas of the design competence.
What you’ll do
- Drive strategic projects and programs forward that improve the efficiency and impact of design at Klarna
- Work closely with design leaders and cross-functional partners to ensure accurate distribution of information, guidelines, and trainingIdentify team needs with regards to processes, tools, documentation, and guidelines, to enable operational excellence and great design work at Klarna
- Play a vital role in shaping the design program management practices by utilizing your understanding of the UX craft and methodologies
- Define and measure the impact of strategic initiatives or programs in the design organization
- Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Klarna by leading community events and employer branding initiatives
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience in Design operations or Program management role
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and UX writers, as well as with product teams on programs from conceptualization to implementation
- Proven track record in achieving operational excellence in design teams in large global tech companies
- Experience managing vendors or contractors for projects or programs
- Passionate problem-solver focused on the operational success of product teams and programs
- Excellent communication skills that inspire and engage senior leaders, cross-functional stakeholders, and the design community
- Strong project management and organizational skills to be able to effectively oversee the operational challenges for design in a large organization
About Klarna Design
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, Brand Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Front-end Designers and Design Operations. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion and drive for great customer experience that goes above and beyond.
Required when applying for this role
Your resume in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.