Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Design at Roblox
Roblox designers are pioneers. Carving through uncharted territory, our teams are strategizing, defining new interaction standards, and challenging the limits of technology. We're "reimagining the way people come together." We're building a metaverse.
As the Program Manager for Design Systems, you'll be part of our Design Operations team. Together we amplify the craft of product design through programs that foster efficiency, productivity, and job satisfaction. Your role will support design systems designers and engineers on new work affecting Players and Creators in the Roblox metaverse. You'll be part of our team responsible for the next evolution of the Roblox Design System, unlocking the team's potential to achieve our goals. You'll collaborate with and steer agreement across multiple product and design teams at Roblox. This is a visible position, communicating and coordinating across product, design, and engineering at multiple altitudes (eg: IC, Manager, VP+). And your work will influence the foundations of our product experiences through the components and documentation that power our global design team—re-imagining how our community builds and experiences the metaverse.
- Report to the Head of Design Operations
- Work with the Design Operations team to support a successful organization.
- Partner with the Design Systems Lead to develop a strategy and plan to move our design system efforts to the next level, based on your understanding of the unique requirements, opportunities, and constraints here at Roblox.
- Maintain a roadmap and backlog of parallel work streams that track team milestones
- Define and maintain the rituals, processes, and measurements that keep the team of design system specialists on track for achieving their goals.
- Partner with teams to increase adoption and cohesion of a design system across our entire ecosystem of products.
- Work with Designers and Engineers to bring designs from concept to implementation ensuring a high bar of quality is met.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a product or design program manager
- directly worked on design systems across multiple surfaces.
- Experience bridging the gap between design, product, and engineering.
- A Bachelor's degree (HCI, Interaction Design, Software Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with collaborations tools (i.e. sketch, figma, lua, jira, or comparable tools)
- A collaborator with a flexible toolkit to engage people and teams across the company.
- Detailed, able to compose, implement, and document holistic and user-friendly processes.
- An orchestrator, creator of team rituals, that incorporate quality, intake, tracking progress, execution, and communication across the program of work, ensuring teams are on track.
- A systems thinker creating and socializing processes for how designers and engineers will adopt and contribute to the system.
- Creative, able to manage complexity and find efficient ways to work.
- Reliable and authentic, able to manage expectations, and ensure partners have the insights to make decisions.
- A trend setter who's excited about design systems and collaboration tools, and engaged with the wider design systems community to bring insights back to the team.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.