Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are seeking an outstanding Design Operations Lead to set up a Design Operations organisation in the Experience Mission and to work with the 3 Design Leads of the Mission. Your job will be to set up a high-functioning Design Operations structure in the mission. Our ideal candidate has the innate ability to be proactive, adaptable and flexible, with a proven ability to build structure in a hectic workday. We are looking for someone who can juggle multiple projects and tasks and get things done without compromising the quality.
What you'll do
- Deliver a high-quality experience for the designers on the team including:
- Communication of key information
- Monthly Team Meetings
- Event planning and execution
- Support us to deliver on our strategy as a company to deliver an integrated product experience - enabling our designers to create a holistic experience across teams:
- Coordinating with program management, Mission operations, quarterly planning
- Setting up and driving design review forums
- Bringing our designers along on their journey from onboarding to performing. Working closely with the design managers to ensure proper support on the team:
- Planning and capacity building as well as hiring and onboarding
- Ensuring designers and managers have the support they need to deliver their best work
- Correspondence and communications over email, phone and all other forms of communication to ensure things are moved along and followed up on
- Be part of Spotify´s Operations and Experience Mission’s Operations community to network and collaborate across the business unit and company at large.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of experience working as a Design Operations Leader or similar.
- Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic and international environment through professional or academic work
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent proficiency using Google Suite of products (mail, docs and calendar)
- Resourceful and a problem solver
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Skilled in relationship building with a high sense of integrity
- A good teammate and team player
- Have a high level of service mindset - anything is possible
- May require some travel
- Embodies a self-starter mindset, anticipates needs, and is results-driven.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our work from anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.