Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com
and browse a gallery of digital twins.
About the Role:
Matterport is looking to hire a contractor for our UX Research team. In this largely qualitative research role, you will need to be a rigorous and impactful researcher, a skilled communicator, and an expert collaborator. At the start of the position, you will conduct research and usability studies to improve the user experience of our products and services. Over time, your work will incorporate more generative research as you get familiar with our subject area. UX Research sits within the Design Team at Matterport, but you will also regularly partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, etc. The ideal candidate has a passion and intuition for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on both big experience initiatives and crucial details. This person must also be able to comfortably design, execute, and present user-centered research.
What you will do:
- Identify research opportunities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Develop research plans collaboratively with Design, Product, Engineering, and other teams
- Lead research projects from project kickoff to the delivery of reports and assets
- Identify the right methods and realistic scope for project goals and timelines
- Plan and conduct research using multiple methods, such as in-depth interviews or surveys
- Identify participant recruiting criteria, and work with recruiters to ensure the recruit is representative and aligned with the needs of the project
- Deliver actionable insights, presented with a high degree of fidelity
- Communicate insights and advocate for Matterport customers to diverse audiences
- Champion research across the organization
- Empower Design and Product leads to make customer-centric decisions
Your experience should demonstrate:
- 4+ years conducting and leading user experience research
- A portfolio of research deliverables that shows the background, approach, and results of research work you’ve lead
- Experience collaborating on new products or features, from initial concepts to launch
- Deep experience selecting and applying UX research methods
- Broad understanding of HCI concepts and principles
- Effective cross-functional collaboration
- Confidence improving and scaling research practices across an organization, enabling others to understand and conduct research
- Clear and concise communication, including engaging storytelling
Some nice to haves:
- Experience with any of the following: quantitative research, hardware research, benchmarking research, unmoderated research, research on virtual/augmented/mixed reality products
- Visual design abilities, as pertaining to research reports, project artifacts, etc
- Video editing skills
- Experience working on software as a service (SaaS) or e-commerce products
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description, we encourage you to apply.
US based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act