OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois
, Jack Abraham
, Michael Rubenstein
, Matt Lanter
and Jeremy Wood
who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a Content Designer to craft and deliver content across product flows, in-product messaging and new features.
As a part of the team focused on acquiring SMB e-commerce merchants, you will be a critical part of our company’s growth. You will be learning from the merchants to whom we give cash offers to buy their businesses and ensure we’re able to explain our value proposition to these entrepreneurs. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences.
Who You Are
- You love talking with customers and learning about their needs.
- You are diligent and meticulous. You love defining the perfect copy to help convey our message.
- You’ve done it before. Your experience in content will enable you to develop a crisp positioning and messaging as we learn from our entrepreneurs.
- You’re obsessed with creating strong value propositions to help customers understand what makes us unique, category defining and how we can help them achieve their desires.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team as we build out our product.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence.
- You have empathy for customers. You build with the customer in mind.
What You'll Do
- You’ll talk with customers. You’ll complete market research to better understand how we’re perceived by the market and share these customer insights across the company.
- You’ll develop product positioning, value proposition and messaging.
- You’ll help us articulate our value propositions to our various customer segments.
- You’ll help us develop a content marketing strategy and a plan for executing it.
- You’ll contribute to many areas. You’ll collaborate across many teams including Product, Design, Engineering, Pricing, Operations, and Finance.
- You’ll shape strategy. You’ll evolve our product through learning from our customers.
- You’ll grow and improve. You’ll be working with top-notch people who love to teach and learn. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all improve ourselves on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. You’ll work together with smart and team-first people with the responsibility and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space to execute and support to excel.
What You Have
- 2-4+ years related experience in writing and designing content, such as in a writing, creative strategy, content strategy, or editorial role
- Prior experience in SMBs, B2B, or e-commerce preferred
- Startup experience a plus
- Top-notch attention to detail
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.