Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you passionate about explaining difficult concepts in simple language? Are you a strategic thinker who can simplify complex customer problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? We're looking for a Content Designer to join our Confluence team, with a focus on crafting great content to support the Confluence Experience Group.
Do you consider information to be a powerful and essential element of experience design? This role is for someone who thinks bigger than traditional UX or technical writing. You can shape the customer journey into support documentation. You can explain complex features with limited real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way.
This individual will be embedded in our Content Experience team where they will create content experiences necessary to empower customers to create their own beautiful and engaging content. The Content Experience team supports the creation journey, editing, publishing, drafts, and content rendering.
As a Content Designer on the Confluence Cloud team, you will:
- Work closely with the product design, product management, support, and marketing teams to understand the purpose of features and how best to explain them to a range of audiences.
- Deliver effective UX writing and support for Confluence Cloud through a fast-paced product release cycle.
- Use and contribute to the Atlassian voice & tone, brand, and design guidelines.
- Engage with Confluence’s close-knit design community.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing skills across long and short form.
- Experience working on projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of how content design connects to business objectives.
- UX writing, technical writing, or relevant experience.
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences.
- Experience at applying methods to improve or validate quality of writing through critique and or other mechanisms.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Worked with a content management system, Contentful or similar tool.
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- Used Confluence Cloud, Notion, Quip, Wordpress, or Coda with any kind of regularity.
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. We’re building a team workspace where anyone can easily find the latest company information, create and share a project plan, and communicate across teams. We believe that offering tools and practices to support open teamwork is a critical component of fueling digital transformation and ultimately strengthening business agility.
You will be part of the larger Experience Group who’s charter is to empower teams to engage in meaningful collaboration across web and mobile devices in order to move work forward. The Experience Group is responsible for page comments, inline comments, collaborative actions, notifications, tasks, watching, sharing, mentions, in-product help and the complete mobile and tablet experiences.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.