We’re looking for an experienced content designer to work with our team of designers, product managers, researchers and developers. You’ll be part of our Content Design team, helping to plan, create and evolve content for our products.
You’ll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals, but you’ll be supported by kind, smart colleagues. Together, you’ll constantly research, ship and improve a product that’s genuinely helping people.
What you’ll do
- Work with UX Research to identify gaps in our users’ knowledge or understanding, and make content recommendations to help resolve them
- Write, edit, test and improve content across the end-to-end experience (including the homepage and product pages, checkout, and My Account area)
- Partner with designers to define the information architecture and overall narrative across Cazoo’s website
- Run tests to understand and demonstrate the impact of content and language
- Work closely with the Marketing, CRM and Commercial teams to ensure content and messaging is consistent across all customer touchpoints, and meets the wider business goals
- Continually evolve our content standards for accessibility and inclusivity
- Help to create and maintain our content design guidelines, design system modules and tooling.
Skills and experience you bring
- Experience in content design or UX writing, including writing and editing for web or mobile experiences
- Design thinking and a user-centred approach to creating content
- Information architecture know-how; the ability to organise and structure content to meet customer needs
- Strong understanding of data analytics and methods for evaluating the impact of content
- Experience of driving a content-first approach in previous roles, with the ability to advocate and explain content design approaches and methodologies
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both orally and in writing. You’ll need to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, teams and third parties
- Bags of motivation! You’ll be joining a dynamic, fast-moving startup where agility is key.
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Team Players. We encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Responsible owners - having and taking ownership inspires us to be the best we can be for ourselves, our teams, our customers and our business.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a content designer, not making you sweat.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and people with disabilities to apply. Cazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).