Our mission at Airtable is to democratize software creation. Every community, curator, and corgi parent has different goals. Their potential amplifies if they have the right tools to help get work done.
The barriers to building custom software are significant: specialized knowledge, time investment, high cost. At Airtable, we’re working to remove those barriers so orders of magnitude more people will be able to create, customize, and supercharge their own software. Design is at the core of that work, as we take on the challenge of evolving and reinterpreting decades-old concepts such as database creation, control flow, and usability, and craft an accessible platform that everyone is empowered to use.
What you'll do
- Use language to help our users achieve their goals. Deeply understand our users, who range across industries, job descriptions, and technical abilities. Work closely with our user research team to generate and circulate these insights. Find the right tone, terminology, and messaging to help these users understand the basics of Airtable, and grow their abilities as they learn the deeper and more powerful parts of our platform.
- Lay the foundation for content design at Airtable. As a founding member of the team, you’ll be part of figuring out how we work. You’ll help determine processes and deliverables, write standards and guidelines, build strong partnerships with peers and stakeholders, and show what great content design can bring to our team and our product.
- Help our design team thrive. We’re looking for content designers to be a key part of our design team’s work and culture. You’ll be regularly contributing to critiques, sharing your work, and giving feedback.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced writer. You have a collection of UX writing samples showing your approach and style.
- You’re a lifelong learner. Your work’s details and nuances are important to you, and you never feel “done” learning the craft.
- You’re comfortable with Figma / Sketch / similar tools. Our product designers work in Figma, and we hope to have our content live there as well. You should either know these tools already, or be eager to learn them.
- You gravitate towards complex and technical spaces. You are someone who likes understanding technical concepts, then using that deep understanding to craft elegant and simple language.
- You like saying “we” more than “I”. Your team will be a collaborative bunch, and you’ll be working closely with other designers, engineers, PMs, marketers, researchers, and more. We are greater than the sum of our parts.
- You just go for it. As the first in this role, we’ll look to you to take the initiative and have an opinion on what we need to succeed. If you think something is a good idea, it probably is, and we want you to go for it.
- You’re not afraid to ask a “spicy” question. Growing our product, team, and culture means reflecting and sometimes challenging our practice and approach. We are open to adapting and growing, and rely on our Airtables to help us do so.
- You can weather a growth spurt. Airtable has more than doubled in size since early 2020. Things change a lot around here as our team, and the content design function, grow, and we're looking for people who are patient with uncertainty and can help us rise to the occasion of each new moment in our company's rapid growth.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please see our Privacy Notices for details regarding Airtable's collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process. For US applicants, click here, and for UK applicants, click here.