About the Content Design Team
Content Designers partner with Product Designers, Product Managers, Globalization specialists and others to create Netflix’s product experiences. They develop testable, strategic copy that helps members easily navigate through the service and find shows and movies they’ll love.
About Our Streaming Teams
In this role, you’ll manage senior Content Designers working in several different areas of our streaming service, including TV, Mobile, Kids, and Personalization. Content Designers help concept and create new product features, testing ideas and approaches to language that inform, guide, and at times delight members while driving business value.
About Managing at Netflix
Netflix has more than 200 million global subscribers, but in many ways we still function like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal, and individual responsibility is big. Managers focus on sharing information to stimulate collaboration, hiring and developing teams rich in diverse perspectives, taking educated risks, and incorporating data to formulate quality testable hypotheses.
You have experience building diverse teams and set a high bar for execution, communication, and responsibility. As a leader, you measure success in terms of both human and business impact. You foster excellence through collaboration and encourage an inclusive, open environment that makes space for different views and work styles. You’re an excellent advocate, evangelist, and listener who seeks and offers candid, constructive feedback.
You know how to think critically about product flows and drive innovation ideas forward. You work cross-functionally with multiple teams and educate partners about the unique value of Content Design. You strive to simplify complex problems, and support your ideas with data to get everyone on the same page.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and build a diverse, globally minded team of Content Designers
- Coach and mentor the team and foster a healthy culture
- Provide strategic clarity and focus while identifying and unblocking barriers to success
- Collaborate with other design, writing, product, and engineering leaders to develop design and product strategy
- Advocate fiercely for the user, and drive a holistic Content Design vision that inspires the company and partners to innovate on the status quo
- Create and execute a scaling strategy for Content Design that stays ahead of the growing business and elevates the user experience
- Identify best practices for collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Proven track record of leading and scaling a Content Design team or equivalent
- The ability to create and sustain candid dialogue and successful working relationships with stakeholders, partners, and team members, both at the individual and group level
- Experience creating language systems, scaling strategies, and other tools and infrastructure teams need to be more effective
- Experience successfully driving cross-organizational initiatives
- Experience working on global products and emerging markets, and in partnering with Globalization
- A willingness to fail, learn, and try again
- Experience managing global teams
- Content Design experience for media or entertainment
- A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
This full-time, salaried position reports to the Director of Product Writing.