Atomic is the venture studio that co-founds companies by pairing founders with the best ideas, teams, and resources, and funding those with the most potential. When entrepreneurs co-found with Atomic, they team up with an experienced group of operators who have started dozens of companies, and created billions of dollars in enterprise value. Industry disruptors like Bungalow, Found, Hims and Hers, Homebound, OpenStore, and Replicant all started at Atomic along with dozens more. Atomic was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur Jack Abraham and is headquartered in Miami and San Francisco with a distributed team across North America.
We're conducting an Executive Search to find a Co-Founding Head of Product Design to join a high-growth, collaboration tools stealth company in our Portfolio.
This role can be based in San Francisco, Miami, or Remote.
Who You Are:
- After conducting extensive user research, we’ve built an MVP and are beginning to roll out the tool to early adopters. We have an internal team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers working on V1 of the Product, and are looking for a Founding Product Design leader to join the team!
- You’ll play an instrumental part in bringing the first version of our product to market and establishing the foundation for future growth. It’s an opportunity to join a company still in its infancy, and create an elegant solution that both delights end users and unlocks tremendous value for businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- As the Co-Founding Product Designer, you’ll be one of our team's most important builders, responsible for owning the entire product design lifecycle. You’ll be the lead on design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to deliveryYou’ll work closely with the Founding team on a Product roadmap, and help to discern early signs of product market fit in order to build the conviction needed to turn this idea into a scalable business modelYou’ll be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of design and execution, including user research, visual design, interaction design, prototyping, and rolloutYou’ll work closely with Product and Engineering to implement finished designs and continuously iterate on our products, always looking to improve what has been done.
What You’ll Bring:
- You know what you're getting into, and the prospect of joining a 0 to 1, scrappy startup team where you’re working with lots of ambiguity excites you.
- You have a knack for distilling complex user workflows into user friendly products that are beloved for their elegance and simplicity of use.
- You have experience designing and building video, communication applications, mobile, and or social products that are loved by end users for their elegance and simplicity.
- You can form, articulate, and defend opinions to others on the team who do not share your design expertise, while collaborating with your cross functional peers in Engineering and Product.
- You’re uncompromisingly service-minded towards end users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the Product, your team, and the company at large.
- You have extensive experience with advanced modern-day UX/UI tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, etc.). 7+ years of experience building and designing products.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.