If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
And there's so much more to do! We're growing quickly, and reaching more and more people every day. We're ready to take our marketing and outreach to the next level, so we're looking for a talented Brand Designer to help us accelerate the growth of our community and business.
What will I be doing?
You'll join a close-knit team of growth marketers to lead the design of our digital growth experiences including Metabase.com
. You'll help us identify and define opportunities to accelerate our growth, develop polished design solutions, and work closely with developers to bring your projects into reality.
Some projects you might tackle in your first 6 months
- Show off your UX chops by proposing and implementing experiments to improve checkout flow conversion rates
- Flex your digital story-telling muscles on first-of-a-kind product pages
- Harness your design-research skills to help us envision and create the next generation of our community area
- Think in systems by developing a style for featured images for shared social content
What skills do I need?
- Digital design — Experience designing websites and other digital experiences (landing pages, emails, advertising) to attract and convert new users.
- Curiosity — We're a startup with a lot of new ideas to explore. This is a great team to join if you're ready to try some new stuff and see how it works in the real world.
- Communication — Outstanding written and spoken communication.
- A sense of humor — Because we're a startup, we'll probably miss more than we hit—and that's okay. Being able to laugh about it is important to moving to the next idea.
What don't I need, but would be welcome?
- Illustration or Animation — This role is primarily focused on digital UI / UX, but we love meeting folks that bring additional visual design experiences.
- Coding — This is a design role and you'll have the support of talented developers. However, if you know your way around a Mailchimp template or simple HTML landing pages definitely doesn't hurt!
- Experience with Business Intelligence or Analytics — It's true, we're a BI tool—but you don't have to be an expert in the subject area yet, just bring a willingness to learn.
- Compensation — Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Unlimited PTO — We all do our best work when we're well-rested
- Regular Reviews — We reward great work!
- Work with great people around the world
We're a global team (50% outside of the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to Hawaii), who gets things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers.
We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we just raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.