At MainStreet, we’re problem solvers.
Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research ?– for founders in nearly every industry. Then, we introduced MainStreet Procurement, simplifying expense management and contract negotiation for teams without the means to do it themselves, as well as our treasury management product that helps customers earn better yields on their cash reserves. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A (more on that later), launched three product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to 160+.
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Coinbase, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re 100% remote, spanning across 30+ states and Canada. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a creative problem solver to join MainStreet’s growing Design team. You’ll be our second brand designer at MainStreet and you’ll help build the brand design practice from the ground up at one of the fastest growing startups out there. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Design and Marketing teams to help craft and scale the MainStreet brand across customer touchpoints including web design
- Partner with the Marketing team to create digital and print communications
- Help to facilitate and nurture the collaboration between the Design team and other functions
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience (more senior candidates strongly encouraged to apply) in brand design – please include your portfolio with your application
- Expertise in visual design fundamentals and storytellingExperience working with cross-functional teams (Product Design, Marketing, etc)
- Ability to explain your process and decisions to your cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and presentation skillsMotion skills are a plus
You will thrive if
- You enjoy building and scaling brands from the ground up
- You want to see your work help small businesses across the country
- You leave your ego at the door
- You enjoy diversity in your tasks and work
- Base salary range for this position is $122,000 - $172,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to your location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A
We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.