We make support software that empowers more than 12,000 customer-centric businesses to serve people in the most human, helpful way. We're a remote company with 135+ employees in over 80 cities around the world — and we've been remote-first
from day one
. We believe that when teams represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, magic happens. The result
is better products and a culture that enables everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
Although, _technically_ we’re a SaaS company, we tend to break the mold when it comes to our B2B software-selling peers. We take pride in being a design-led company. Our tolerance for creative risk and investments in our brand
are more aligned with those made by media companies and consumer brands. We’ve built an incredibly engaged, fully-remote team that’s motivated by our pursuit of profit and purpose
We’re looking for a Brand Designer to join our Creative team and ensure that every moment — no matter how big or small — feels, looks, and sounds like Help Scout.
We empower our designers to be shepherds of our brand. The Creative team sits within our larger Brand team and is positioned to influence almost every experience we create for our audience, customers, and employees. As a Brand Designer you’ll support marketing campaigns and product launches, but you’ll also work closely with members of the Content and Communications teams to continue to evolve our brand into one that inspires others and gives us an edge when competing for talent and customers.
As we scale, we aim to raise our creative bar while keeping our team balanced and well-rounded. Folks who have found their design niche and built a portfolio that leans into a specialty (like motion graphics or illustration) will be strong candidates.
About the Role
- You'll elevate our brand by contributing intentional, contextual, and beautiful visual assets and interactions
- You’ll partner with marketing teammates to provide delightful and memorable brand moments for marketing campaigns, keeping our audience of customer service pros and small business leaders top of mind.
- You’ll collaborate with folks across the business to ensure internal and external assets are polished, but organic and aligned with the Help Scout brand
- Please note that at this time, we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Norway.
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $115,000-$125,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
- You’re a curious and seasoned creative.
- You have experience with motion design and have created assets like landing page interactions, animated ads, and social posts.
- You’re a collaborative, results-oriented problem-solver who can both provide and take direction well
- You're a strong communicator who’s able to connect dots, organize thoughts, and develop plans to match the teams' expectations.
- You can gracefully give solid feedback to the team on all visual design executions.
- You understand the importance of a good relationship between brand and product, finding solutions that keep both in mind.
- You love keeping tabs on trends in the market that would push us forward with fresh, evolving ideas.
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Bonuses - everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
is made by roughly 120 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook
— we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion.
The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here's our DEI Dashboard
where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We're leaving the world better than we found it.
Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good
?Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion
. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.