We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].
As a Business Intelligence Product Owner, you will deliver quality products conforming to business requirements and business intelligence bets practices using an agile methodology.
You will report to TheFork BI Manager and your role will be to maximize the delivery of the BI Factory team while ensuring its quality and sustainability to support data-driven decisions.
As a core mission, you will be responsible for the management and quality of the BI Factory backlog, by
- Clearly expressing BI Backlog items, creating necessary User Stories and specifications
- Ordering the items in the BI Backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Prioritizing user stories with team members and other stakeholders
- Ensuring that User Stories are well defined & complete before embarking them in development (write specifications, tasks sequencing, tests scenarios, … with relevant stakeholders).
- Ensuring that the BI backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the BI Factory team will work on next.
- Ensuring traceability between requirements to features to user stories
- Reviewing test cases against user stories acceptance criteria
Your mission will also consist in :
- Driving significant analytic initiatives to support business strategies.
- Developing an understanding of business processes and operational tools in order to create meaningful reporting designs
- Developing a deep understanding of the customers and product needs
- Supporting the designs and development of creative and interactive data visualizations
- Partnering with business leaders across the organization to support and implement high-quality, data-driven solutions
- Assisting the data engineering team with the collection of operational data from source systems
- Staying current on all processes, techniques, tools, and industry best practices to ensure theFork is at the forefront of Business Intelligence solutions
- Defining and applying agile methodology and best practices within the team
- Assisting management in project support and project resource planning
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- You will as well coordinate with the other teams and product owners, products managers within and outside of the data team.
Minimum 3 years of proven working experience as a Product Owner, Project Manager in a complex environment with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
6 years of experience in a data environment
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
- 3 years of experience working with Agile / Scrum work environments as a product owner, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance (All Levels)
- 4 years of experience working as Business Intelligence Analyst
- 4 years of experience working with database, data warehousing and ETL tools.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Impeccable project management skills
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-directed
- Able to work independently and according to the priorities set by the Management.
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to challenge business requirements to optimize the value of the backlog items.
- Results oriented with an ability to find ways of solving problems.
- Experience in Agile practices and continuous improvement.
- Customer Focus, Flexible and Team player.
- Focus on timely and high quality delivery with attention to details, delivery in a sustainable and maintainable way.
- Technical skills in data, with good understanding of a full data pipeline (data extraction, transformation, modeling, analysis, enrichment, quality up to business benefit and value).
- Knowledge and experience in
- Datawarehouse and dimensional modeling,
- Data flows from source systems to Datawarehouse or other production systems,
- Data Governance,
- BI tools,
- ETL Solutions,
- Data Science, DataOps are a plus
- Knowledge of Snowflake is nice to have
- Excellent French & English verbal and written communication skills