? Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalized and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 250,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 450+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain ?? and Belgium ??, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
? How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
? Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
⭐️ The B2B product manager role ⭐️
- Product Managers at Alan are responsible for the product strategy in their area, going deep on user needs and defining the product roadmap
- They work closely with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and data scientists to define the right product and implement it (we call this a crew)
- They partner with other teams to align our product vision across all parts of the business: customer care, operations, insurance
- We have ambitious goals for 2022, here is a non-exhaustive list of topics you could help us with:
-- Solving for the needs of HR teams managing the health insurance of employees at large companies
-- Defining how much flexibility we provide to companies signing with us for a bundle of insurance + health services then building the relevant experiences to let companies sign and upsell
-- Enabling our Sales team generate offers within our margin target and gather market intelligence
Our product management team at Alan is diverse. PMs had previous experiences in Paris, New York, London and San Francisco both at established tech companies (Facebook, Google, Stripe, etc...) or in starting their own.
⭐️ Is it what you are looking for? ⭐️
You may be a great fit at Alan if you have:
- 5 years of experience in a product related role (Product Manager, Founder, Business strategy, Product Marketing)
- A track record of delighting B2B clients and managing senior business stakeholders
- An analytical, structured, and fact-based decision-making style
- The ability to extract opinionated product insights from a limited set of data
- Strong written communication skills in internal- and external-facing settings
- Enthusiasm about teamwork, an open and curious mindset, and the desire to learn and teach with others
- The will to deeply challenge the status quo in the insurance and healthcare industries
- Fluency in English
- (As a plus) experience coordinating with distributed teams
- (As a plus) prior experience in the insurance industry
- (As a plus) fluency in French
⭐️ The Alan Method ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We put our members first
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus
- We distribute ownership
- We are radically transparent
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity
- Relocation packages for our international candidates
- A great healthcare program (yes, you guessed right: Alan ?)
- A flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now in France, Spain & Belgium for an employment contract)
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely
- And more (feel free to ask)!
? Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.