We’re looking for an Associate UX Researcher to help Wayflyer become a better informed and more empathetic organisation.
You’ll be joining a newly established research team at Wayflyer, helping people think founder first
to build great products by putting who uses them at the heart of our design.
Our products will be better and genuinely useful, solving real problems for real users, thanks to your work.
As you read this ad, if you think you tick a lot of the boxes, but not all of them, please apply anyway, especially if you’re a woman or were raised in a culture that makes you underplay your achievements.
What you’ll do
As an associate researcher, you’ll plan, design and do the work to get robust and reliable evidence about what makes our customers tick — how they do it, why they do it, what they do, what would help them do more and do it better — and share this information in a way that's easily accessible and applicable to our work.
You’ll provide hands-on support to designers, as well as help set out the longer-term vision. Your work will shape our products and services (generative research) and build confidence that we are building highly usable and useful products (evaluative research).
You’ll work across multiple teams and make sure we have a well-rounded, comprehensive understanding of our customers and users. This means that you'll get to work on a wide range of projects, often at different stages of product development and with different types of users.
As an associate, you’re at the early part of your career in research, so we’ll make sure you’ll have the support and guidance of more experienced research and design teammates, to help you develop your research expertise.
To be more specific, you’ll:
- offer helping hands to our growing team, supporting a range of projects under the guidance of more experienced designers and researchers: everything from note-taking during interviews, to video editing, to building and refining journey maps and service blueprints, to populating content for reports.
- supplement primary research data with secondary sources wherever possible, including quantitative data.
- lead largely independently on secondary analyses of customer data and insight as part of smaller-scope projects which you'll own and drive.
- partner with product designers in usability testing of prototypes, leading on script writing, analysis and reporting, developing a specialism in remote unmoderated testing.
- help to build and maintain a library of insights to make sure that understanding of our users is readily available, up-to-date and accessible to all.
- help recruit of research participants.
Here’s what we see you doing in your first 90 days with Wayflyer:
- Interview users to support the work to create a service blueprint for the ‘get funded’ journey.
- Support the work on customer segmentation to develop personas that describe Enterprise, Standard and Express customers in more detail, focusing on their needs and behaviours.
- Speak with customers to support the work to create an experience map for the as-is ‘get funded’ journey for key personas.
- Look for ways we might find a group of customers to give us regular feedback on our product and marketing designs.
You’ll be at the start of your career as a design researcher and want to learn the foundations of research from the ground up. So you’ll be:
- keen to learn from an experienced team of design practitioners who'll act as role models and mentors
- a supportive team player who thrives on making a difference, no matter how big or small
- attentive to detail with high standards for written content and presentations
- able to show an awareness of the need for careful analysis of research data and insights, and the ability to produce clear findings
- able to articulate the differences in the types of people who user Wayflyer’s products and services, and aware of their diversity
- able to show you understand different user research methods, suggesting project-appropriate methods with growing confidence
- able to show you understand how to design and align your work with longer-term team goals.
- able to show you understand user-centred approaches and their role in product or service design.
Why join the Research & Design team at Wayflyer?
When we hire someone, we hire them for being them. Their experience and skills, of course – but also who they are and how they treat people. There’s a reason why ‘Be sound’ is one of our core values
We’d rather not err at all, but when we do, we err on the side of being kind – being kind to ourselves and to other people.
What that means is we respect each other as more than simply work colleagues – we recognise people have lives outside of work and sometimes the two worlds collide. That might be you needing to do the school run every morning and starting your working day later; you might need to bring your dog to the office and all your meetings because no one is at home to look after her; your brain might be an unproductive, sleepy mush after a night of looking after a poorly child; or you might not be able to attend an in-person event because you haven’t been able to arrange childcare support. All of these are real life examples from the Research & Design team. None of these are career-limiting events. All of these were worked around with no effect on quality of work.
Yes, we’re ambitious and we set challenging goals. But not at the expense of our personal lives or what matters to us as humans.
You should never feel the need to put on an act or hide parts of yourself. We truly want you to bring your whole self to work and we work hard to create the safe space for people to do that.
What happens next?
We want to hear from you even if you think you’re not a 100% fit, especially if you consciously or unconsciously normally shy away from celebrating your achievements.
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, someone from our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to find out more about you, what you’re looking for. They’ll also share more information about the full interview process.
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising the eCommerce space by levelling the playing field for eCommerce founders across the world. Unlocking and fuelling their growth through solving their two biggest pain-points: funding and insights.
We use data to solve both of these challenges, empowering store owners with insights on how best to acquire customers online and providing them with short-term financing to scale and unlock their store's full potential.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a hyper-growth, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We have countless opportunities as we launch new markets and game-changing products and need teammates that love having high impact in a fast-moving and ambitious company.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.4b
in funding across 8 countries to 2000+ eCommerce founders. In 2021 alone, the amount of funding we deployed to customers grew by 900%.
We recently announced our Series B,
raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn
valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including Left Lane Capital and DST Global and secured $500+ million debt financing via Credit Suisse & JP Morgan.
There are 300+ of us globally, split between our offices in Atlanta, Dublin, London and Sydney.