Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Provide creative and organizational support to the Product Design team to ensure product is consumer-focused, trend-right, and commercially viable. Interpret trend direction into brand appropriate styles and create consistent storytelling across leagues, channels and brands. Work cross-functionally with Graphic Design, Product Development, Sourcing and Production Art to help move product from initial concept through development to final product.
- Create and maintain design information across applicable systems including body, color, fabric and material reference tools
- Build Adobe Illustrator CADs for carryover and modified styles while providing support for development of seasonal, replenishment and special event lines
- Sketch unique designs utilizing Adobe Illustrator which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trim and color under mentorship of Product Designers
- Attend and participate in fittings with Product Designers and provide support and feedback based on knowledge and experience
- Create and maintain CAD silhouette and color palette libraries utilizing Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create B&W Adobe Illustrator sketches to be utilized in development tech packs
- Inspiration and competitive market research, including pulling imagery and creating trend, inspiration and mood boards
- Update and evolve seasonal creative direction through the development process for all necessary meetings and presentations
- Will be an integral partner with Merchandising, Sourcing and Product Development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
- Must have a consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of their needs and the ability to translate into product design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field with 0-2 years of professional experience; 2 years of professional experience in Apparel Design is acceptable without a degree.
- Portfolio of previous work required.
- Intermediate skill set and knowledge of apparel design, fabrics, trims, garment styling and construction techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign with an awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Ability to work cross-functionally while demonstrating a professional and positive attitude and an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Sports fan a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS
: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.