Malt is the fastest-growing European marketplace connecting over 340 000 freelancers with more than 40 000 clients in search of talent to contribute to their projects. Our marketplace provides a simple and secure one-stop shop for all the administrative, legal, and payment processes involved in freelancing.
Founded in 2013 by serial entrepreneur Vincent Huguet and tech freelancer Hugo Lassiège, our European scale-up aims to revolutionise the world of work by creating a community in which everyone is free to choose the best people to work with.
We are a tech company with a human approach:
- Over 330 Malters sharing one culture
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% women/men parity of Malt Leaders)
- 112 M € raised with ISAI, Serena, Eurazeo Growth & Goldman Sachs
- Twice recognised by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Join us and become part of the #NewWorkOrder!
About the role
By joining Malt's product team as a Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills on multiple subjects and help craft the future of Malt.
The product team is the one in charge of creating the most effective marketplace possible, the most efficient SAAS, it is also the product team that accompanies the other teams to equip them and make their everyday life easier.
The product team is made up of multidisciplinary people including product designers, product managers, data analysts, data scientists, frontend developers, backend developers, sys admins, and some even combine several of these professions.
Designer's north stars
The product designer is the one responsible for the design. As an empathic person you must provide a coherent and appropriate solution to a given problem. Your role does not stop at producing an interface, but at translating the business issues of a roadmap by a high-performance UX.
Learn how to reach the UX excellence;
Learn how to ensure the fluidity of onboarding of new users;
Learn how to ensure that the value proposition of Malt is always understanding.
Your missions will be
In collaboration with our Product Designer, you will be at the heart of the thinking and production of new features for our beloved freelancers;
- You will conduct researches, interview users to understand their needs and propose adapted solutions, run usability tests and validate or improve those solutions;
- You will use our design system - and help evolve it! - in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features;
- You will collaborate with the various teams (engineering, data, brand, marketing...) and follow-up of the implementation of your work with the tech team;
Malt is constantly evolving and good ideas are always listened to, so you will have the opportunity to lead projects that are close to your heart and in line with the product’s development.
Malt has great projects to develop! We will be able to exchange on this subject from the first interview.
You are a student in UX/UI design or interactive design, and/or you have a first experience in an agency/start-up;
You master web design tools such as ******Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD, and you also have a good knowledge on graphic design softwares such as Photoshop or Illustrator - knowledge of web development is a plus;
You have good interpersonal skills, you like to work in a team, you want to learn and discover;
You have a strong web and mobile sensibility, you are interested in design, technologies and innovation;
You can work with an English-speaking team (a good level of English is imperative for internal exchanges and with our international freelancers).
Our recruitment process
- Aya (our Talent Acquisition Specialist) will contact you for a first phone conversation to discuss your project and the missions
- We welcome you in our offices to meet Antoine (your future manager)
- A final interview with Tristan (our VP Design) will validate your desire to join us
- Your profile is validated, we make you an offer within 48 hours and we welcome you at the beginning of your work-study program!
- Life at Malt - ?
- One week of onboarding at your arrival - Learn about our culture and product before diving into your new role in your team
- Home office - up to 2 days remote per week
- Annual off-sites : Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Spain… What’s next ?
- Monthly karaokes
- Benefits - ?
- Paid vacation - 1 paid day/month worked for interns , 5 weeks/year for apprenticeships
- Lunch vouchers - Swile, 9€/day
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- Free books - For any subject we will order the book for you, without any approval process or headaches