Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
This opportunity is a part of Embedded, a division of Blink, that supports long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink’s largest client partners.
The position sits within the Customer Experience and Digital Transformation team within a global energy leader.
We’re looking for an experienced professional who will ensure customer satisfaction and trust amongst our client's family of leading brands. In this role, you will be responsible for continuously looking for ways to improve our customer experience and products, ensuring that customers have a seamless, value-add experience when engaging with the brands.
This position is intended for someone who is customer obsessed, consistently works to uncover opportunities to improve the User Experience and can work cross-functionally to solve issues.
We are looking for someone who is data-driven, and also understands the importance of empathy and compassion as it relates to serving customers. This person is excited to map customer interactions and ultimately deliver a seamless experience to our customer base of 3M+ households.
- Managing Senior and Junior designer activities within the group.
- Leading and executing product design activities within agile product development team(s) – producing deliverables and artifacts, including requirements visualization, participatory design, concept models, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, UX copywriting, and visual designs.
- Partnering with digital business stakeholders to define experience strategies that achieve the business goals.
- Working across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements, and within agile product development team(s) to breakdown features into user stories, that are ultimately groomed with detailed design prior to story acceptance.
- Providing feedback and direction to ensure intuitive and innovative solutions and driving consistency following established experience design principles and guidelines – in compliance with the global experience language and advancing the aspirational experience strategy.
- Providing constructive feedback to other UX Designers to ensure the team is delivering high-quality, data-driven experience designs and visual designs.
- Partnering with UX researchers and other product leaders to test and optimize the end-to-end digital experience, for the purpose of maintaining cohesion across the broader digital ecosystem and solving cross-application design challenges.
- Assessing and optimizing the performance of new existing products and services by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data.
- Presenting work to product stakeholder and leadership teams.
- Leading our partner vendors and design agencies when internal resources aren’t available.
- Ensuring all your design work is aligned to the brand's design system.
- Partnering with the development and design system teams to ensure design solution is implemented correctly and consistently.
- Relentlessly advocating for the customer’s needs every step of the process.
- Executing the experience strategy from design concepts through detailed design and presenting work to stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Leading the integration of the user research and brand messaging in the design process.
- Creating user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen the organizational understanding of our users.
- Facilitating design-centered workshops and visioning exercises with cross-functional stakeholders based on opportunities identified through research.
- 5+ years of experience in UX/CX, product design or interaction design.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools. Ability to learn new tools as projects require.
- Driven by user-centered and design thinking methodologies.
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
- Experience building and shipping features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrated ability designing intuitive and meaningful mobile apps.
- Adept and efficient at creating multiple UX options for a given business problem.
- Solid hands-on experience with Adobe XD, Miro, and prototyping tools.
- An understanding of common development technologies and how they apply to design solutions.
- Clear and articulate written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, and proven track record of presenting and influencing stakeholders and senior management.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your stellar designs and tells the story of your approach and design process to solve complex problems driven by data.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Past experience creating customer journey maps or service design blueprints is a plus.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.