Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction.
At Bottle Rocket, we make things that matter by embracing the impossible. Through a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, our Rocketeers craft smart, engaging and impactful experiences that can transform business. We’re looking to add a Studio Visual Designer to our new Design Studio department to help create experiences for some of the most recognized brands on the planet.
As a Studio Visual Designer, you will assist in the production phase of the creative process on existing engagements and new business initiatives. You will support the project’s designers in creating UIs with existing components, translating screens into necessary formats to facilitate client/team alignment, and generating assets for development handoff. Partnering closely with other Visual Designer as well as skilled Experience Architects and Developers, you will help extend ideas to cover all scenarios while creating a best-in-class experience. The ideal candidate is dedicated to staying organized, tightening up the smallest details, learning new tools and skills, and self-motivated to serve the team and client needs.
- Perform a supportive role for other Visual Designers
- Communicate the branded experience through colors, typography, iconography, imagery, layouts, composition, interactions, and motion, and maintain consistency throughout the experience
- Maintain style guides created in conjunction with the Experience Design team
- Translate sketches and wireframes into visual compositions that make information compelling, easier to understand, and actionable
- Produce designs for large-scale, long-term initiatives
- Collaborate with Project Experience Architects and Designers and to understand the required deliverables
- Articulate design ideas internally to designers and/or Studio Director
- Create high-fidelity screen mockups, comps, prototypes and style guides across all digital platforms to support development and implementation
- Manage the creation of production-ready assets for developer handoff
- Gather feedback and gain alignment with internal project teams for quick turnarounds
- Review quality of final product implementation with cross-functional teams to ensure design accuracy
- Give constructive thoughts on how to improve the work flow and delivery of assets
- Receive design critiques and apply necessary changes to improve existing design
- Design for a spectrum of different users, including WCAG AA accessibility
- 1-3 years of in-house or agency experience
- Advanced learning in design including Art School, degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Motion Design and/or experience in related field
- Experience working with developers
- Knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and Google's Material Design patterns as applied to iOS and Android app design, as well as responsive web
- Portfolio showcasing a range of digital design experience, including web and native projects
- Ability to manage work autonomously, manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines to support Visual Designers in an existing project team
- Ability to communicate well with others for seamless transitioning of work
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Flinto, Adobe CC)
- Willingness to learn new tools and assume new responsibilities
- Experience working with and managing design systems, existing style guides and project designs
- Combination of in-house and agency working experience
- Experience with illustrations and print, graphic, packaging design or related discipline
- Experience in motion design or animation
- Desire to maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
Bottle Rocket is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Bottle Rocket is registered, you will not be eligible for employment with us. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations or for certain positions.
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Bottle Rocket, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship, genetic information, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce. In fact, we believe strongly that diversity is one of our best competitive advantages. Whether it's diversity of age, ethnicity, gender, belief systems, or world views, a more diverse group of people will always produce a more robust, creative, and comprehensive solution. We value all Rocketeers' talents equally and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. None of us is more important than another.