Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
In this role, you will be a player/coach as you build our GTM for a new initiative that will help drive deeper consumption of Confluent and our partners services. We need more of a builder than an optimizer as you shape the strategy from the ground up with the cross functional team. In addition, you will work with sales, marketing, partner ecosystem, and partner counterparts to plan and execute enablement, training, and marketing activities to both internal and external audiences. These may include driving funnel growth, supporting communications, web optimization, campaigns, events, and more.
To be a successful candidate you will have a proven track record in Product Marketing for high-tech companies, with demonstrated ability to link technical products and features to customer pain points and translate them into business value. You should have exceptional leadership skills to drive execution of cross-functional efforts, an ability to understand market drivers, target audiences, and competitive landscape. You also should have excellent communication skills, capable of writing and presenting about the product, both to internal and external audiences, in a way that influences the desired behavior.
What You Will Do:
- Craft and own messaging and positioning to convey the value of Confluent, plus our partner services, to our target personas
- Create compelling, high-quality content for internal and external stakeholders
- Influence the content strategy to ensure comprehensive and updated marketing assets and support scalable, integrated marketing campaigns globally
- Drive partnership launches, ensuring the field is enabled and other GTM teams can execute their launch tactics
- Work closely with the marketing team to permeate product messaging across web and other customer-facing communication vehicles
- Support funnel growth activities, such as blog posts, press releases, SEO, campaigns, and technology events, by providing core messaging
- Present to Sales and customers at both internal and external events
- Interact with customers and partners to gain insights and help perfect your own strategy
- Benchmark and assess the impact of your work against key business metrics
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise software (subscription and/or SaaS/Cloud) product marketing roles
- Team management experience and moving between individual contributor and team lead fluidly
- Understanding of cloud marketplaces, open source technologies, and subscription business models preferred
- Demonstrated track record developing value-oriented messaging and positioning as well as authoring engaging content
- Self-motivated individual with a drive to results in fast-paced environments
- Team player who can lead cross-functional teams and projects and thrives on team wins
- Ability to navigate a complex business environment and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic, hyper growth environment with track record of building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong technical foundation and ability to pick up and understand product/tech concepts (e.g., engineering degree and/or product/engineering experience)
- MBA or equivalent experience and Bachelor’s Degree required; Computer science / engineering / technical undergrad degree preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.