Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for a great design leader, systems-level thinker, and visionary. Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean web design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegant and simple user experiences from complex workflows. You’ll be working with our Capture Services Product team to build out the future of our Capture Services Platform - our managed marketplace that connects customers and Capture Technicians on demand, across the globe. The role will involve improving our customer ordering experience, and establishing a world class end-to-end capture technician experience for receiving, accessing, and managing capture services orders.
You should have a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to think conceptually while also focusing on crucial details. You should be comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with stakeholders and working through implementation details with product and engineering teams. We also want a flexible team player who knows how to work smart with constraints while advocating for excellent design standards along every step of the way.
What you will do:
- Own and drive the design strategy in the production lifecycle including planning, scoping, design reviews and delivery
- Create, maintain and communicate project information (i.e. project plans, status reports, creative briefs, and design functionality documents) to design leaders and stakeholders
- Prioritize competing needs with creative solutions
- Schedule, manage and address cross-functional feedback and stakeholder approvals
- Predict and identify obstacles, and proactively establish meetings or integration points between teams to address and resolve them
- Collaborate and partner with researchers, marketers and designers to support our growing go to market needs
Who you are:
- 10+ years of product design experience ( at least 2 years as a lead designer)
- You have a portfolio of production work that shows a diverse range of executional skills related to ordering, tracking and management web systems
- You have a deep understanding of the creative process and project management best practices
- You maintain workflows, internal reviews and schedules across multiple partners and departments.
- You have a proven ability to manage work with both internal teams and agency partners
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and shown ability to actively establish trust, credibility and influence through exceptional exceptional work
- You are extremely detail oriented with extraordinary follow-through skills and an ability to bring focus during the creative process
- You are a self-starter who is resourceful and has the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- You know how to organize information quickly, and have excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills
- You are flexible and accommodate rapid change and have the demonstrated ability to learn quickly
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act