Design @ Patreon:
Patreon is building a best-in-class Brand Design Team of designers, writers, and motion experts. We are a team of diverse and multidisciplinary creatives working to build an iconic brand that shows the power and freedom that comes with being a creator. We take risks, avoid following trends, challenge each other, and carve our own path to create work that magnifies the impact Creators have on the world.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Staff Brand Designer to help us build, evolve, and scale the Patreon brand across all channels and mediums.
Who are you? A multi-disciplinary creative powerhouse! Your primary role is to act as a design lead, crafting design solutions and owning projects while delivering work with brilliant creative ideas, exceptional design, and smart strategic thinking.
Our Staff Brand Designer will drive the work, solve complex problems, pay attention to the details, embrace feedback and changes that come along with projects. They’re proactive, accountable, responsive, and have a no-project-is-too-big-or-small mentality, holding all projects to the same standards regardless of size.
What you will do:
- Be a hands-on aesthetic champion and guardian of the Patreon brand.
- Create original, standout work that's at the leading edge of creator culture.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Build cohesive design systems that work cross-platform along with comprehensive design guidelines and specifications for the teams.
- Develop multi-faceted design deliverables, from brand audits to visual identities.
- Be autonomous. You’re a reliable self-starter and project owner who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Deliver inspiring, provocative, and disruptive designs on large and small tasks based on a brief in short amounts of time.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members and have a voice in contributing and expressing opinions.
Skills and Experience:
- You’re creative, passionate, have a sense of humor, and an easy-going spirit.
- 8+ years of design experience at an agency, design company, or related industry.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You’re an effective communicator, facilitator, and active listener with the ability to give and take direct feedback and execute.
- Expert in developing creative solutions and the ability to effectively communicate design thinking and evolution.
- Strong eye for design aesthetics and visual details, willing to push beyond the ordinary, and can communicate ideas to provide reasoning with confidence, ensuring a quality final product.
- Understand the difference between creating campaigns versus a long-term ecosystem or brand vision, and execute accordingly.
- You deliver high-quality crafted work and care about the impact.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with the ability to work with members of all different departments, with a maturity that does not require anyone more senior to have to step in to intervene
- Expert in Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- UI/UX experience is nice to have, but not required.
Projects and learning opportunities:
- Brand identity development and iteration
- Campaign ideation, production, and execution
- Implementing brand design within product touchpoints
- Video, motion, and 3D storyboarding, design, and production
- Lead cross-functional design projects from exploration to release
- Partner and coach younger teammates
Key skill categories:
- Branding & Identity Design/Development
- Figma / Adobe Suite
- Content Strategy
- User Experience
- User Interface
- Campaign Development
Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities.
At Patreon, our mission is to power creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. We’re a membership platform that believes creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans, and we strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible. We let them take full creative control while running their business, so they can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Patreon is growing rapidly, increasing company headcount by 50% and doubling our user base in the last 12 months, all while paying out over $3.5 billion directly to creators.
And yet, our mission to empower creators is just getting started. If that sounds like something that lights your fire… you’re in the right place.
Benefits of working @ Patreon:
- Competitive pay & equity
- 401k match program
- Unlimited vacation & sick leave
- Hybrid work options
- No-meeting days
- Company-wide recharge days
- Health coverage & mental health resources
- Learning and development stipend
- Patreon creator stipend
Our core values:
- Put Creators First – When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft – We sign our name to every deliverable.
- Make it Happen – We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together – We grow as individuals. We win as a team.