Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Job Title: Sr. UI Designer - Web and E-Commerce
Location: Remote (United States)
Type of Employee: Full Time
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the (enter Country/ specific locations needed) #LI-Remote
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for a user interface designer, systems-level thinker, and visionary. Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean visual design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegant user interfaces that closely match brand guidelines. You’ll be working with our Web and E-Commerce product teams to improve our visual presence. The role will involve creating media and layout patterns, conceptualizing and designing visualizations for new product pages and exploring new ways to evolve our web design system.
You should have a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to think conceptually while also focusing on crucial details. You should be comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with stakeholders and working through implementation details with product and engineering teams. We also want a flexible team player who knows how to work smart with constraints while advocating for excellent design standards along every step of the way.
What you will do
- Own and drive the visual design strategy of our web pages, including collaborating with our Design Studio on how our brand principals translate into web components (media assets, layout patterns, color and fonts)
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs and convey project ideas to key stakeholders
- Create overall visual layout and design for web content, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers to understand
- Exercise a working understanding of coding and transfer the brand's strength through our web interface interactions
- Package media assets from GTM campaigns to be repurposed for the web (including video animations)
- Simultaneously lead several web projects with various timelines and multiple partners
- Prioritize competing needs with creative solutions
- Schedule, manage and address cross-functional feedback and stakeholder approvals
- Collaborate with our Creative Director, producers, marketers and designers on various go to market projects
Who you are
- 5+ years of graphic design experience (at least 2 years designing for web interfaces)
- You have a portfolio of production work that shows a diverse range of executional skills related to web design
- Deep understanding of the creative process, brand design and project management best practices
- You maintain workflows, internal reviews and schedules across multiple partners and departments.
- Proven ability to manage work with both internal teams and agency partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills and shown ability to actively establish trust, credibility and influence through exceptional exceptional work
- Extremely detail oriented with extraordinary follow-through skills and an ability to bring focus during the creative process
- Self-starter who is resourceful and has the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- You know how to organize information quickly, and have excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Flexible and accommodate rapid change and have the demonstrated ability to learn quickly
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore!
Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits·
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act