As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Kraken is scaling the product marketing org to match our increasing breadth of customer segments within traditional financial service environments (inclusive of asset managers, wealth managers, corporate treasury, etc.). In this Sr. Product Marketing opportunity, you’ll be partnering with our newly acquired Staked team to bring cutting-edge staking products to our institutional clients. You’ll serve as our institutional investor’s voice, and advocate as you work cross-functionally with sales, account management, product, brand, design, engineering and more to bolster client retention and engagement. Partnering closely with Sales and product leadership, you’ll identify areas a strategic marketing activity is required to maximize global sales, develop plans for the activity, and carry it out in cooperation with senior business development teams. Not only will you serve as the customer’s voice, but also a “voice of field,” understanding sales’ pain points when positioning the product to prospective customers.
We are building the strongest product marketing practice in the industry and operate at the unique intersection of fintech, crypto, and marketing. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Join our 🚀 before we take off!
Our opportunities are remote first so you’ll work in a fully remote capacity from North America, Europe or South America ideally. In addition, you’ll report to our Lead Global Product Marketing Manager.
What You’ll Do
• Develop/oversee product marketing activities through life cycle utilizing a combination of marketing, sales enablement, as well as technical and financial acumen to maintain/ increase sales and profit margins
• Liaise with Sales and product leadership to identify areas a strategic marketing activity is required to maximize the sales; develop plans for the activity; carry it out in cooperation with senior business development teams.
• Determine and analyze what institutional clients need before they need it through direct research, surveys, competitive intel, and market sizing determining if cross-selling opportunities may exist
• Work closely with the Institutional business development team to assess needs and then action prospecting campaigns accordingly
• Maintain and manage regional marketing collateral, branding, design, logistics, vendors, sales/marketing interaction accordingly
• Develop segment strategies for new and existing client clients such as exchanges, non-bank financial institutions and other capital owners.
• Build relationships with key market influencers, early adopter distributors, end user customers, and thought leaders
• Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker that can rally leaders around a common problem or goal
• Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, next, and later, and plan we will scale and automate
• Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves; know our products, our competitors products, and the differences between them better than anyone
• Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new products by framing the positioning, messaging, and value propositions for each relevant client segment
• Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
Who You Are
• You have 6+ years of experience in B2B Marketing in a fintech or financial services org
• You’ve worked closely with the institutional persona and have experience positioning cutting-edge financial products to these conservative investor personas
• You have a strong interest in crypto and belief in its future impact on economics, trade, and society; you follow the industry whether you’re a seasoned OG or you recently started your journey down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass
• You’re familiar with staking’s use in crypto and have researched why Kraken is the world’s leader in this service.
• You have an ability to move from ambiguity, synthesizing complex operational needs, to planning, communicating with stakeholders and then taking action:
• You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
• You’re an ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
• You can be the antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
• You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know