Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States and Canada only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $120 – $140/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
- Mapping existing, and to-be services to understand backstage and frontstage processes, user and actor interactions, and technical integrations.
- Gathering and collating insights from different sources, analyzing and synthesizing complex data.
- Designing end-to-end services, across on and offline touchpoints.
- Building relationships with stakeholders and working in collaboration with clients and colleagues to understand existing processes and design and deliver digital products and services that meet user needs.
- Owning the service design process in a rapidly iterative development environment.
- Working with data and insights to inform evidence-based design decisions
- Making sense of complex systems and processes and communicating them using visualization tools like service blueprints.
- Navigating technical constraints and conflicting stakeholder requirements. There will always be compromises — Our client is interested in how you broker them.
- Facilitation with stakeholders, including leading face to face and remote workshops.
- Working strategically, helping to build a roadmap, and prioritizing.
Our client is looking for contract Service Design Consultants with proven senior-level experience to join their network.
Working closely with user researchers, and content and UX designers, their service designers help to make sense of existing processes and design holistic end-to-end experiences, grounded in research insight, alongside a deep knowledge of best practices, common patterns and user behavior.
What they look for in a UX practitioner
- They build trust - their consultants are empathetic and care deeply about doing the
best for their clients and the people who use their products and services.
- They build relationships with clients and demonstrate the value of user-centred design.
- They are proactive - their client is a problem solver, leading on the planning, execution
and delivery of user-centred design activities, engaging colleagues and
stakeholders to get insights and feedback throughout the process.
- They adapt - their consultants evaluate each project individually and determine not
just what is right for users, but also which resources the team and stakeholders
need to create an environment where user-centred design can flourish.
- They are experts in their field - typically with experience across a range of different
clients, private and public sector, their consultants have honed their craft through
learning from successes and failures.
- They are leaders - their consultants have the confidence and experience to convince
skeptical stakeholders and have influence with colleagues and clients. You’ll show
resilience and positivity when working with complex projects and stakeholders.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.