Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
This opportunity is a part of Blink's Embedded practice which supports long-term opportunities with some of Blink’s largest client partners.
The Service Design Lead will support Web & Mobile channels working to audit and optimize how users explore, learn, navigate, and engage with our client's brands, products, and services.
Location:Hybrid.2-3 days/week on-site in Plano, TX.
Duration:12 months +
- The Service Design Lead must be comfortable and capable of leading multi-disciplinary teams across the full range of design practice, from up-front research, insights, and strategy, though to ideation, prototyping, and testing, and to delivery of final designs.
- A Service Design Lead moves seamlessly between service design and UX methodologies using human centered thinking to how our portfolio is offered to customers. You will operate as a peer and partner with Product Management and Engineering.
- As part of the group, you will be empowered to contribute to the strategy development and delivery of cutting edge digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients.
- Work to synthesize business strategy, analytics, and customer insights to define customer problems, audit existing journeys, and ultimately fuel future state experience strategy
- Ideate and conceptualize service concepts aligned to strategies defined by product and research, lead UX design to develop concepts, and provide recommendations for implementation
- Contribute to the creation of visions that make strategy concrete and while work in a fast-paced environment to create strategic design concepts for the visions along with hands-on creation to develop and enhance existing experiences through effective artifacts (from customer journeys and ecosystem maps to design prototypes, wireframes, and the deliverables of final visual design specs)
- Advocate for Accessibility and Inclusive Design practices
- Lead multiple, parallel teams in the design and re-design of end-to-end experiences across our Digital Channels offerings
- Oversee upfront user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users, in collaboration with Experience Researchers
- Advance client's practice in craft capabilities, internally through mentorship and training, externally through writing and conference presentations
- Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience creating service blueprints, illustrated journey maps, concept designs, service experience prototypes, empathy maps, and value proposition proposals to communicate ideas and designs
- Can direct self and others in both planning and structuring the work, and executing on expected levels of quality
- Experience leading a program of work through full product development cycles in discovery, concepting, prototypes, specifications, and enablement
- Expertise in Service Design + Interaction Design, and strength in the visual craft or strategic storytelling frameworks + diagramming. Intermediate proficiency in adjacent skills such as User Research, UX Writing, and Prototyping
- Prior work involves leading collaboration with design teams (with other designers, UX researchers, and content designers) and cross-functional team, senior product managers and engineering leads
- Experience driving new business thinking and strategy through their user-centered design work and ability to explain designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Proven understanding of the relationships between cross-platform paradigms (responsive web, native mobile, tablet), interaction behaviors of native operating systems (iOS & Android) and Technology and Expertise in Interaction Design, and strength in Visual/UI Design and Information Architecture
- Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, and skills
- Experience orchestrating work within larger companies; a leader with proven managerial abilities; excellent project leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train peers on methods
- Advocate for Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
- Comfortable with structuring and planning design work in cross-functional contexts
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.