Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co
for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to take the lead on defining how Ro’s brand principles translate into the experiences and interfaces within our consumer-facing digital products.
You are most excited when you are exploring the intricate details of a user interface, and are tireless in your pursuit of how we might create a visceral connection with our patients through the use of visual design - color and texture, motion and animation, structure and form.
You’ll design for every Ro product touchpoint –– app, ro.co
, telehealth visits –– as well as every health goal we support –– fertility, weight loss, dermatology, and sexual health to name a few! You’ll obsess over improving patient experiences through the use of expressive, useful, and consistent visual design. If you believe, as we do, that through the use of design, we can establish a deep connection with our patients, this may be the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be a hands-on contributor - crafting user interfaces for our digital consumer products
- Define how our brand principles can translate into visual expressions within our digital experiences - balance utilitarian needs (navigation, usability, accessibility) with visceral elements of design to create unique and impactful experiences for our patients
- Experiment with motion and interactions to bring life to our experiences - balancing spirit and rationality, brand and product, functional clarity and emotional impact
- Manage, maintain and build out Ro's design system
- Get in the mix and directly collaborate with cross-functional teams (including non-designers). For you, the good stuff happens when you’re shaping work together in Figma
- Partner with design, engineering, and product to define how we can continuously evolve and uplevel the implementation of our design system
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of visual design experience across mobile and web at consumer-facing/focused products and brands
- Highly developed visual and motion design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Excitement around managing and building out a scalable highly structured and organized design system
- Design maturity in setting a visual design vision and defining rationale behind decisions with a strong user orientation
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional teams as the visual design lead
- A pattern of curiosity and skill-building over time (growth mindset)
- Experience with Figma and prototyping tools (e.g. WebFlow, Principle, JS/HTML/CSS)
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $153,000 to $185,000 in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.