At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
As a Senior, Visual Designer on the Employee Experience team at Vercel, you'll not just have the ability to help us redefine the future of work, but you'll do so by working collaboratively alongside the growing Employee Experience and People Team to help us surprise and delight Vercelians around the globe. In this role, you'll be responsible for evolving our brand internally, while you visually package programs, experiences, communication and internal marketing initiatives. These projects span every touch-point across the employee experience and utilize digital, print, and video as delivery formats.
We're looking for a multi-skilled, detailed-oriented designer who is people-centric, collaborative, self-starting, growth-minded, entrepreneur-spirited, humble, and can conceptualize when needed. This person should also find joy in the journey of creating and shipping their solutions to an engaged audience. This role is for you if you're a strong generalist who enjoys a bit of creative thinking, but more importantly values seeing your designs ship.
Location: Remote U.S & Full-Time (East-Coast)
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership over the design process through gathering requirements, delivering visuals, and guiding the implementation.
- Set and maintain the creative bar for evolving design projects internally as our company grows.
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on high-fidelity visuals (including internal decks and presentations, as well as internal tools and intranets).
- Work closely with other creative partners in Marketing to ensure a high-quality and on-brand implementation, while also seeing areas where we can evolve our guidelines for our employee focussed audience.
- Develop and influence strong production processes that enable agility and support smooth cross-functional collaboration.
- Help with establishing a design culture within the broader People Team.
You’ll thrive in this role if you..
- 5+ years of experience designing for in-house Marketing teams or Creative Agencies.
- Take pride in being recognized for being a “Generalist” or “T-Shaped” Designer.
- Have a portfolio of recent real-world projects that showcase your excellent design skills.
- Are comfortable with creative writing and have a storytelling mindset.
- Have a passion for designing solutions with the user in mind.
- Have the ability to self-start, be self-motivated, and balance the complexities of working in a fast-paced environment where we ship iteratively.
- You understand how your designs will translate across multiple digital platforms such as self-serve portals, websites, social media platforms, printed materials, and video. You should also be able to prepare your files for these various mediums.
- Have experience designing landing pages or Websites.
- Proficient in design software such as InVision, Figma, Adobe, Sketch, etc.
- Have experience with lightweight video editing and animations.
Bonus If You:
- Have experience developing digital products and websites using code.
- Experience with Next.js is an even bigger plus.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package + 401k
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.