WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
In this strategic role, you would be joining Talend’s newly formed Incubation Team. The incubation team is a cross-functional team that identifies, researches, and tests new product concepts that will help our users take the work out of working with data. In addition to performing user research, you will be creating prototypes based on your findings and the expertise of subject matter experts throughout the company.
YOU WILL DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Serve as the voice of the customer, bringing together insights from business, design, and technology viewpoints
- Align with key stakeholders in product and engineering to create a research plan that can propel the company forward in its product strategy
- Identify the best research methods (both qualitative and quantitative) for a given problem and put together a research plan that is designed to bring valuable insights within a realistic scope based on project goals and timelines
- When applicable, identify and recruit the appropriate research candidates
- Lead projects primarily focused on understanding user needs, problems, and opportunities
- Collaborate with product management stakeholders and translate user needs into initial wireframes or concept tests
- Equip the product, design, and engineering teams with user/persona, business, design, and technology insights that will help them guide their product development
- 5+ years of relevant product research experience. (Experience with SaaS products is a plus.)
- Have a portfolio of work that showcases their problem-solving process.
- Passionate about bringing the user and the users’ business needs to the center of
- Comfortable with the occasional strategic shift that comes with working on a team that values agility.
- Have a self-starter, get-it-done mentality (Displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism)
- Very experienced with qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Have experience consolidating business, technology, and user needs to make recommendations on product roadmap features
- Comfortable collaborating with teams from all parts of the business
- Thrive on finding creative ways to find user feedback and to improve our current processes
- Have a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Sciences, or equivalent working experience
For Colorado-based candidates: The range for this role for any candidates based in Colorado will be $110,400 – 138,000. In addition to your base salary, you will also be offered a 10% bonus, and benefits. A detailed list of our company benefits offered to hires based in the USA can be found at the following link: https://usbenefits.talend.com/
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 6th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- 4th consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at [email protected]. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates ("Talend") have an internal recruiting, or talent acquisition, department (“TA”). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address, fax machine, email address or any other means, directly to Talend employees, or to Talend's resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.