We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].
Who we are:
TripAdvisor is hiring an experienced Senior UX Designer for our Cruise Critic site, the world’s largest cruise reviews website and a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc. This is a high-impact and high visible role within the Cruise Critic organization, with an opportunity to create the very best experience for our users. The ideal candidate will be the lead designer for our business and help to shape product strategy and UX requirements. This individual will foster collaboration, evangelize and promote UX within the company, and design for complex problems with a speed wins/test and learn mentality.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will:
- Research and align users’ and business needs for desirable outcomes
- Design scalable concepts and sketch early low-fi prototypes for cross-device experiences
- Contribute to our design system repository and maintain a consistent style guide
- Build and design high-fidelity prototypes
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to test, validate and improve your design
- Work alongside teams of stakeholders including Product & Engineering during the integration
- Balance work on multiple initiatives from estimating to planning and delivery.
- Based on users’ feedback, provide recommendations for future iterations of your designs
What we are looking for?
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX Designer (much more experience is fine)
- At least 1 successful experience designing on a mobile-first approach
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Axure, Usertesting.com or similar tools
- Passion for design systems and data-informed product design
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and data-driving decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, and a strong design point of view
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- You’re always looking for new and upcoming trends in design
Extra points for:
- Experience or keen interest in storytelling through data visualization.
- Knowledge and background working in the cruise or travel industry.
- A portfolio demonstrating proficiency and success in user-centered design.
- An academic degree in a relevant field.
- Good sense of humor.