At Spotify Advertising, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
Music and podcasts for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Advertising R&D team, we’re still building on that vision. We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans and we are responsible for the success of Spotify’s freemium business model. We’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an engaging ads experience to more than 200 million free users worldwide.
Want to help shape the future of advertising? Here’s how.
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to join us at the Senior level on our centralized B2B research team. You’ll work on client-facing products built for podcast publishers - including our flagship podcast technology and monetization platform (Megaphone).
In this role, you’ll join a cross-functional group of people passionate about fulfilling the needs of enterprise podcast organizations. You will study user behavior, shape our most important initiatives, and bring new ideas through data and insights. You’ll influence the strategy and direction of Spotify ad products. And most importantly, your work will affect the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
Researchers in this area will be driving research to:
-Build and own holistic understanding of our core B2B clients
-Understand different advertiser & podcast publisher types and their expectations from platforms and technology
-Drive deep understanding of podcast publishers growth and monetization needs
-Find opportunities to improve and innovate on our productsUncover insights to drive advertiser / publisher activation, retention and growth
We’re looking for someone who can craft creative studies to gain a deeper understanding of our clients and contribute to the knowledge base of our growing team. We want someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights of real people and has the proficiency in their craft to turn these insights into measurable and compelling recommendations for our Product & Design partners. We seek someone who sees this intersection of advertising and content as an exciting problem space – how do ads slot into, augment, deliver or enable phenomenal listening experiences? How do we balance what’s good for business with the need to champion, empower and protect our users?
What you’ll do
- Contribute to an insights' agenda and conduct research diligently and inventively across the entire product lifecycle. You will proactively identify impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs.
- Autonomously define, plan, and conduct evaluative and generative user research that influences and drives the roadmap for our products
- Deliver compelling insights to enable evidence-based Product and Design decisions
- Build trusted relationships with insights partners to drive impact from your research, and Product partners to build a better Spotify ads experience
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate results and recommendations to Product and Design teams
- Partner with the broader team of researchers and data scientists in the Ads business in driving strategic research around Ads
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience in a similar user research role
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating user research
- Based on your experience and expertise we will match you to one of two levels during the interview process - M-Mid-Level User Researcher or Senior User Researcher.
- Passionate about leading sophisticated, rigorous, strategic research projects
- Confident in leading concept and usability tests on your own from start to finish
- You’ve led research through every step of the product development cycle from defining the problem to setting the strategy to making tactical product improvements
- Capable of tackling multiple research initiatives simultaneously
- You have worked in a research role previously preferably (but not required) with Advertising-related, podcast-related or B2B research experience
- You have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- You have experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and synthesizing them to deliver measurable insights that drive product strategy
- You can collaborate closely with Data Science, are comfortable with metrics and value quantitative analysis
- Skilled storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other partners
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development
- You are curious, exhibit a growth mindset and are excited by working on a constantly evolving team
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.