Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? ?
At Intercom, the product marketing team plays a key role in bringing our products to market - all the way from when we’re deciding what to build, to launching to market and driving adoption and retention. Our team mission is to bring to life the voice of the market internally and the voice of the product externally, so new and existing customers can discover, adopt, and get value from Intercom.
As Senior Product Marketing Manager for ‘Core’, you’ll be playing a key role in defining the overarching positioning and messaging for Intercom’s products. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our target customer segments and competitive landscape, and use those insights to influence our go-to-market and product strategy. You’ll play a key role in defining our narratives and positioning, including owning and developing personas, creating effective messaging for ‘all of Intercom’, and partnering closely with our brand and corporate marketing teams to translate that messaging into effective campaigns and corporate comms. You’ll also work on enabling the wider marketing and sales teams on our personas, messaging and narratives.
What will I be doing? ?
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customer segments, products and competitors
- Own and define our buyer personas, including enabling internal teams on these personas
- Develop the high-level product positioning and messaging for Intercom, working closely with solution PMM teams to ladder this messaging down to our solutions
- Partner with our brand marketing and demand generation teams to develop our high level narratives and ensure we’re telling a consistent and effective message across our awareness and demand gen campaigns
- Work closely with our corporate marketing team to develop content and messaging for analysts, press and internal comms
- Own and execute on sales and marketing enablement deliverables such as pitch decks, trainings and messaging guides
- Work with product and PMM to influence the product strategy and roadmap, based on market demand, competitor intelligence and customer insights
What skills do I need? ?
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing or similar role - experience with B2B, enterprise and SaaS platforms preferred
- Bonus points for experience or familiarity with messaging, support, or customer communications products
- Experience conducting customer and competitive research and using those insights to create effective buyer personas
- Exceptional product positioning, messaging and storytelling skills
- Ability to create effective enablement materials for sales and marketing teams including messaging guides, training and one sheets
- Experience partnering with comms teams to develop content for analyst and press relations, including presentation decks and talk tracks
- Track record of working cross-functionally with product, marketing and sales and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and confident presenting to small and large groups
- Curious, customer-focused and data-driven
- A growth mindset, and passion for leveling up yourself and those around you
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.