About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Marketing team?
We show our prospective customers the value of our product and features in increasing their most valuable asset…time.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a proactive Senior Product Marketing Manager who is capable of owning product marketing projects and initiatives in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling software as a service (SaaS) company. You will report to the Senior Manager of Product Marketing and will be work alongside a collaborative team of product marketers who have years of experience handling product marketing for everyone from Asana and InVision to Fastly and HomeAdvisor.
A day in the life of a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Calendly
Your product marketing focus will be on team-oriented Calendly features that allow recruiting departments, sales departments, and other teams across an organization to schedule collaboratively, efficiently, and securely in order to hit their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to own positioning and messaging, run product launches, and lead ongoing awareness and adoption marketing campaigns.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Building value driven messaging that speaks to needs of customers, net new buyers, and specific industry or team use cases
- Finding the unfair advantage we have in each of our products when compared to competitors or “all in one” scheduling tools
- Owning Calendly’s team-based value proposition across the customer lifecycle
- Leading cross-functional product launches and engage various key partners across the business to align on go-to-market plans
- Developing a deep understanding of our target markets, including buyer personas, key uses cases, and customer needs
- Providing creative input on imagery and videos that support your campaigns
- Crafting, leading and driving new product messaging, campaigns, and content across different marketing channels (website, email, in-app messages, blogs, etc.)
- Project managing, planing and prioritizing product marketing initiatives in conjunction with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Enablement
- Experience in a content-heavy role. A right- and left-brained thinker; you’re as comfortable with a technical piece of content as you are with creative brand work
What do we need from you?
- Three-plus years in a Product Marketing role and at least a total of five to seven-plus years of related work experience. SaaS marketing experience is required and experience in a startup environment is preferred
- Outstanding written communication skills: you love to communicate value in a plain-english, human way and have a defined process for yourself when it comes to drafting effective copy for specific audiences and channels (email, web, etc.)
- Outstanding presentation skills: you are just as comfortable creating slides and presenting to a small group of executives as you are crafting slides and facilitating a webinar with +2000 people
- Critical thinking skills and experience weaving various ideas and threads into a single cohesive story or narrative
- Execution-focused self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team. You align with colleagues across multiple departments (sales, marketing, product, etc.) and you find creative ways to unblock a teammate or simply keep a project moving.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s an extraordinary time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be encouraged to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a phenomenal time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].
This specific role is not eligible for employment in Hawaii, or Alaska. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection