We are looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Product Manager to lead one of our strategic product areas of Soundtrap, Spotify’s cloud-based audio creation studio. Our mission is to make music creation and storytelling simple and collaborative for everyone.
If you enjoy fast-paced high-energy environments, are passionate about music production, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, and have a proven record of scaling user-facing products into significant growth, this role is for you.
What you'll do
- Own the Create and Compose experience in the Soundtrap studio, helping creators and students produce music or podcasts in an easy-yet-powerful way for desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Find and assess opportunities in your owned problem space to contribute to Soundtrap and Spotify's overall goals and success.
- Shape, frame, and communicate your vision and strategy. Driving influence within your team, other teams at Spotify, and partners toward alignment and execution.
- Be responsible for driving business and user value of our product, setting ambitious objectives, and ensuring significant progress towards them. This role focuses on growing user retention and product engagement.
- Partner closely with engineering, machine learning, content production, product insights, and design to regularly ship new experiments and features that deliver impact.
- Stay on top of industry trends and user behaviour changes that can influence our strategy.
- Foster a culture of impact and performance whilst championing our values to make sure that your team, and the wider product team, are strong and healthy.
Who you are
- Passionate about Music Production and have a deep understanding of the field and the industry.
- 2+ years experience in using music creation tools as a producer, songwriter, instrumentalist, or vocalist or equivalent educational background.
- 6+ years of product management experience and a consistent track record of delivering impact toward user and business metrics.
- Experience running experiments and interpreting quantitative and qualitative findings. A proven ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love, and a belief that data is a powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- Able and driven to inspire your team and define a long-term vision for the product area and experience.
- Excited about building products in a rapidly changing landscape. Comfortable working with ambiguity and conflicting priorities, being able to set a clear path and priorities for the team.
- Driven by product performance metrics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build solid collaboration with colleagues and partners.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them
- For this role, it can be within the EMEA in which we have a work location.
- If you prefer an office to work from home, not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our work from anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.