Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, customer-focused Product Manager to join our team and help lead our newest product, Cash: the simplest way to send, spend and save.
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast-growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
About Wealthsimple Cash
Wealthsimple Cash is a mobile-first peer-to-peer payments product that allows anyone to instantly send money to friends and family for free.But that’s just the beginning. We’re on a mission to create the most human everyday banking platform in Canada: a simple, beautiful, and no-cost option that makes sending, saving, and spending money fast, fun, and rewarding. Join us and build the bank features of the future!
In this role, you will:
- Reimagine and modernize everyday banking to be simpler and more accessible to all Canadians.
- Work directly with Wealthsimple leadership to define, prioritize, and deliver the vision and strategy for Cash's banking features (think: spending, saving, and more).
- Lead the planning, development, and launch for new Cash features; including but not limited to:
- a) Core banking and spending features like a Cash card (physical + virtual), direct deposits, and bill payments.
- b) A rewards program to incentivize clients to spend with Cash.
- c) Tooling and automation to increase the efficiency of the Customer Support and Operations teams who support Cash.
- d) Infrastructure investments to ensure our platform can scale to support massive demand.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and user researchers.
- Work with product design and research to identify, design, validate, launch, and iterate simple, smart, and inspiring banking features that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Establish and own metrics related to client growth and adoption of Cash features (e.g. monthly spend, share of wallet, etc.).
- Evaluate new and existing technology vendors who can help us realize the full Cash vision — trading off between efficacy, user experience, and cost.
- Partner with marketing, brand, operations, and other engineering teams across the company to continuously launch, optimize, and scale Cash features.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We’re looking for someone who has...
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping consumer products and features loved by thousands of clients customers.
- Experience project managing complex vendor relationships with lots of moving parts.
- A passion for talking to customers, and experience with design thinking methods (e.g. customer interviews, usability tests, and co-creation).
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Bonus: Experience working on a challenger bank or in the payments space.
We’re looking for someone who is...
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model and business case development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Negotiation with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- A naturally collaborative and empathetic leader, comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization, making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.