The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
Interested in driving Spotify’s long term investment in Backstage from both an open source platform and internal product perspective? We are seeking a product manager to join a fast-paced team of engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers (like a small startup) to do just that! In particular, this role includes ownership of all things Backstage Plugins — an area of high-potential growth for Backstage. From driving our upcoming launch of paid plugins
to leading the comprehensive product vision for our plugin ecosystem,
this role is filled with exciting opportunities.
Responsibilities in this role will vary frequently. We all wear multiple hats and it's likely your role will span making internal product decisions about the future of Backstage, prioritizing open source efforts, and influencing our investment direction with clearly articulated rationale. We want someone who thrives in this type of fast-paced environment.
What you'll do
- Create & guide the product direction of the Backstage Plugin Ecosystem both for Spotify’s paid plugins and with the open source community
- Lead teams of engineers and collaborates cross-functionally to unlock a thriving, industry-leading ecosystem that delivers exceptional user experiences and generates revenue for Spotify
- Own the success of the commercial bundle offering and determines the right success metrics and targets for launch, optimization, and retention phases
- Determines how we present the bundle in customer-facing calls, speaking events, etc. in partnership with Marketing, Developer Relations, and Sales partners
- Influence throughout the organization and seek to provide partner teams with clear mechanisms for escalating trade-offs impacting Backstage and the commercial offering
- Set threshold for commercial readiness in partnership with owning teams and build out horizontal best practices for commercializing software
- Influence backlog of partner teams leveraging customer feedback
- Determine appropriate approach to customer targets & segmentation of the commercial plugins and its corresponding products
Who you are
- You have experience implementing tools and technology that foster creativity, collaboration and simplify the developer journey from idea to production
- Experienced in defining and driving product strategy across more than one team
- You are experienced with data driven product development and have a passion for open source software
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, presenting concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context
- You set high standards for yourself and others
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.