Please be aware that in the event of a significant number of applicants, the position may be temporarily removed from the website until we can thoroughly evaluate each application. If we are unable to identify the ideal candidate from the initial pool, we will repost the role online.Thank you!
A better planet with every search - Ecosia
, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
As a Senior Product Manager at Ecosia, you will oversee the development of new products and features that will enable us to achieve our mission and engage users throughout their journey with Ecosia.
You will be focused on user needs and be skilled at using data as a guide. You have a proven ability to tap the expertise of engineers and product designers to conceptualize, prioritize, and refine products and features. Your primary focus will be on enabling more engaging messaging within our products and identifying and building new features that align with our values and mission.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Product Owner for a cross-functional team to prioritize and launch new products and features.
- Develop a value proposition that resonates with current and future Ecosia users, and test and validate product-market fit.
- Monitor market trends and competitor analysis to understand our Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
- Work with design research and marketing stakeholders to understand and solve user needs and pain points.
- Develop and deliver the product roadmap for new product categories.
- Define success criteria, work with Business Intelligence to ensure instrumentation, monitor and improve on key user metrics (CLTV, installs, retention, etc.).
- Develop and deliver the product roadmap for new products and work effectively with products teams (i.e. user teams, and search teams) to identify dependencies.
- Work with engineering to assess the technical & architectural requirements.
- Define partner requirements and manage their delivery.
- Work with Marketing to define a brand and go-to-market strategy based on target users and browser USP.
- Communicate regularly with the executive team to provide updates on product development and performance.
- Be an advocate for our values and mission in all aspects of product development and launch.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, with a documented history of delivering effective products and features.
- Ability to develop an understanding of user behavior and be able to identify opportunities to improve the user experience and grow engagement.
- Ability to use data to make informed product decisions and to track and improve the performance of your products.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including design, development, and marketing.
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- An interest in sustainability and making a positive impact on the environment.
- Previous experience with user onboarding, funnel optimization, and improving retention KPIs across mobile and desktop products.
- Exposure to CRM or lifecycle marketing tools or experience working with Product Marketing or Content Marketing teams.
- Proven experience in increasing key metrics like customer lifetime value (CLTV), DAUs, and retention metrics.
- Proven ability to develop hypotheses, run effective experiments and A/B tests, and rapidly launch MVP features.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative user feedback in order to inform backlog prioritization and feature development.
- Focus on complex B2C user journeys and building experiences across devices and platforms.
- Conduct user research, analyze data, and monitor market trends to identify new opportunities.
The Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of 4 steps:
1) Call with our Recruiter
2) Product Interview with our team’s Senior Product Manager or CPO
3) Technical Interview with one of our developers and designer
4) Product Case Study and Presentation with our Team
(By default, all steps are done remotely, but we can also arrange on-site interviews.)
The salary range for the role:
As an ideal candidate, you will have a deep understanding of customer behavior and be able to identify opportunities to improve the user experience and build engagement. You will have a data-oriented mindset and be able to use metrics to track and improve the performance of your products. Additionally, you will be an effective communicator, able to clearly articulate your vision and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You will thrive in a collaborative environment and be comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
If you are excited about sustainability and have previous experience with delivering effective products that promote user engagement and revenue growth, we would be excited to hear from you!
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 30 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.