Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We're building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we're building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Senior Product Design role?
The Senior Product Designer will report into our Director of Design and be a key driver for both our provider and member experiences. The work you do will help us transform how mental healthcare and mental illness is managed and treated. You’ll help us create new care experiences that have the potential to help millions of people around the world get better care and live their lives to the fullest.
This role requires a deep understanding of the complex workflows of our in-house clinical team, seeking out honest feedback and questioning assumptions as you iterate and refine your designs. You’ll deliver a world-class web application to help the care team take advantage of novel insights, build a close partnership with their members, and deliver the best care possible.
This role also requires deep empathy for our members and the challenges they face, and tying the provider experience to the Mindstrong mobile apps our members use. Lastly, you will work closely with fellow designers, product managers, clinical researchers, and engineers.
What you'll be doing:
- Partnering with our clinical team to create innovative solutions that increase their ability to deliver the best care possible.
- Conceptualizing design solutions that address the many real-world challenges our Members face.
- Presenting to and collaborating with key cross-functional stakeholders and teammates, including the design team, product managers, engineers, and leadership.
- Designing wireframes, flows, prototypes, and mock-ups for desktop and web applications with a focus on simplicity, intuitiveness, efficiency, and information balance with an eye towards best practices.
- Iterating and refining your designs with input from teammates and customers.
- Conducting UX activities to address and define the problem space. You should be well versed in User Centered UX methodologies such as journey mapping, service blueprinting, card sorting, etc.
- Conducting user research, usability testing, and evaluating member feedback in tandem with product management.
- Working shoulder-to-shoulder with your engineering colleagues to deliver specs, explain interactions and flows, and ensuring the highest quality finished result.
Who you are:
- An exceptionally talented and creative generalist with 4 or more years of product design experience.
- A simplifier and systems thinker, who is able to break down complex workflows into intuitive user experiences.
- Interested in an iterative design approach, testing your hypotheses using customer data and insights.
- An expert with your toolset and always happy to share your best practices and latest discoveries with the team.
- Curious and comfortable to take on both complex and simple problems equally.
- Constantly thinking about the user. You’re genuine in wanting to apply your design abilities to improve people’s lives.
- Someone obsessed with the fundamentals of design. You consider typography, color, and visual balance as core to creating compelling digital experiences.
- A teammate. While you can work independently, you recognize the importance of cross functional collaboration, seeking out input from your colleagues and providing constructive input to them.
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others.
What you'll bring
- 4+ years work experience designing consumer and/or enterprise product experiences; 2+ years experience designing complex user productivity workflows (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction, Communication OR equivalent experience in a related field
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, or other design tools (required)
- Experience conducting UX research, user interviews and testing (required)
- Strong grasp on web UI frameworks, familiarity with Android and iOS design principles
- Experience with building component libraries and design systems
- Experience in the healthtech space, particularly with mental health
- Startup experience a plus
- Values-Driven Culture. Our values are the fabric of how we operate day to day, guide us together, and keep us aimed at our mission.
- Remote work. We have an office in Mountain View – and if you live in the Bay Area we’d love to see you – but we are a remote first company! Our goal is to create a seamless remote work experience so you can work where you do your best work.
- Growth. We invest in both personal and professional growth of our employees because we feel that growth has a positive impact on both member outcomes and personal fulfillment.
- Healthcare Benefits. A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, and more!
- Wellness. Programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Self-Care. We take self-care seriously, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play.
- Flexible schedules. We're all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that. We work with our employees to make sure that they can work and take care of their lives.
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing [email protected].